IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The role holder may be required to cover all or some of the responsibilities mentioned below but will be expected to focus on certain responsibilities for periods of time.
· Responsible for the development of complex investigator grant estimates, contracting strategies and proposal text to support the proposal development process.
· Develop contract and budget templates and contracting systems, tools, processes, and training materials for selected sponsors and complex studies or multi-protocol programs according to the Scope of Work and Project Plan, within the agreed project strategy.
· Ensure collaboration, including communication with sponsors, stakeholders and RSU regions and countries, to successfully deliver the agreed project scope in compliance with sponsor requirements and/or the RSU Management Plan.
· Provide specialist legal, operational and financial contracting support to facilitate efficient business development and initiation and maintenance of complex clinical trials, whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and local laws.
· Create, publish and/or review core scientific, technical and administrative documentation to support business development and enable study initiation and maintenance, as required.
· Assess and review the contracting landscape and contribute to the collection, interpretation, analysis and dissemination of accurate contracting intelligence to support assigned studies and the wider company, as required.
· Ensure overall contracting efficiency and adherence to project timelines and financial goals; report contracting performance metrics and out of scope contracting activities as required.
· Work with Quality Management to ensure appropriate contract management and quality standards.
· Mentor and coach colleagues as required and provide technical guidance both within and outside the project.
· Deliver presentations to clients and professional bodies as required.
· Ensure accurate completion and maintenance of internal systems (with emphasis on CTMS), databases, tracking tools, timelines and project plans.
· Take a lead role in developing long standing relationships with preferred IQVIA customers; may serve as a liaison for non-specific projects for top customers.
**REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES**
• Experience with contract from CRO or pharma environment is a MUST
· Excellent legal, financial and/or technical writing skills
· Thorough understanding of regulated clinical trial environment and knowledge of drug development process
· Knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines
· Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, SOPs and company’s Corporate Standards
· Proven ability to exercise independent judgment, taking calculated risks when making decisions
· Good negotiating and communication skills with ability to challenge
· Good interpersonal skills and a strong team player; ability to coordinate and collaborate above, across and within complex projects
· Strong leadership skills, with ability to motivate, coach and mentor
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Good presentation skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and e-mail applications
· Strong knowledge of clinical trial contract management
· Proven ability to interpret pricing models and to prepare proposals, bid grids and budgets
· Ability to work well within a matrix team environment
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and sponsors.
POSITION IS HOME BASED, located in EMEA
**MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE**
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years’ relevant experience, including demonstrable experience acting as a regional or international contract expert; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you’re supported to succeed.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled