Amazon (AMZN) was one of the top 5 searched topics according to Google Trends in the United States as on Thursday, 30th April 2020 with a search query reaching over 200K+ searches.
Why was Amazon (AMZN) trending?
Amazon (AMZN) has been trending over the internet in the United States because Amazon.com (AMZN) announced Q1 2020 results and its market closed at 4:00 PM ET ON Apr 30, 2020 with $2,474.00 +101.29 (+4.27%) according to NASDAQ.
— Amazon News (@amazonnews) April 30, 2020
According to the Amazon Press release (April 30, 2020 at 4:01 PM EDT):
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) financial results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2020.
- Operating cash flow increased 16% to $39.7 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with $34.4 billion for the trailing twelve months ended March 31, 2019.
- Free cash flow increased to $24.3 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with $23.0 billion for the trailing twelve months ended March 31, 2019.
- Free cash flow less principal repayments of finance leases and financing obligations decreased to $14.3 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with $15.1 billion for the trailing twelve months ended March 31, 2019.
- Free cash flow less equipment finance leases and principal repayments of all other finance leases and financing obligations decreased to $11.7 billion for the trailing twelve months, compared with $11.8 billion for the trailing twelve months ended March 31, 2019.
- Common shares outstanding plus shares underlying stock-based awards totaled 513 million on March 31, 2020, compared with 507 million one year ago.
- Net sales increased 26% to $75.5 billion in the first quarter, compared with $59.7 billion in first quarter 2019. Excluding the $387 million unfavorable impact from year-over-year changes in foreign exchange rates throughout the quarter, net sales increased 27% compared with first quarter 2019.
- Operating income decreased to $4.0 billion in the first quarter, compared with operating income of $4.4 billion in first quarter 2019.
- Net income decreased to $2.5 billion in the first quarter, or $5.01 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.6 billion, or $7.09 per diluted share, in first quarter 2019.
Amazon (AMZN) Analyst Ratings CONSENSUS comes in Strong Buy. Based on 14 analysts offering recommendations for AMZN in the last 3-month according NASDAQ.
Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company. Amazon is known for its e-commerce, digital streaming, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence. It is one of the Top Four technology companies along side with Google, Microsoft and Apple. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”.
Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos in the year 1994.
Amazon breakout of 2019 according to Wikipedia is as follows:
|Revenue||US$280.522 billion (2019)|
|Operating income||US$14.541 billion (2019)|
|Net income||US$11.588 billion (2019)|
|Total assets||US$225.248 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||US$62.060 billion (2019)|
|Number of employees||798,000 (2019)|
Google Trends analyses the popularity of top search queries in Google. It also gives the report on the top trending topic on daily basis across various regions and languages. As Amazon (AMZN) topic was trending over the internet in the United States, it gives us the insight of what is going on across the nation. It outlines what people are searching for. Amazon (AMZN) trending topic shows the current interest of people.
Google Trends thus gifts stories to life. Finding the most searched topic, it visualises the search – Interest Over Time, Regional Interest and Related Searches to spotlight the topics people are looking for.
Amazon (AMZN) ranked in top 5 searched topics in Google Trends across the United States on Thursday, 30 April 2020 for announcing its Q1 2020 results.