Medical Advisor, Oncology
**South Korea, Seoul**
· Participate in set up, oversight and follow-up of assigned clinical studies/medical projects, ensuring that the studies are carried out in accordance with all relevant processes and procedures
· Assist relationships and advance the scientific credibility of the Company with established and emerging Regional/National Opinion Leaders (OL).
· Respond to requests for scientific/medical information and provide key scientific information updates to Regional and National OLs, as appropriate.
· Develop/maintain key scientific knowledge that enable credible dissemination of scientific information, informed scientific dialogue with physicians/OLs and development of professional working relationships
· Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws & regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, AbbVie’s policies & procedures, and accepted standards of best practice
**CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:**
· Provide scientific and technical support for, and help maintain professional and credible relationships with, key OLs/ academic centers to ensure access to current medical/scientific information on the products/areas of therapeutic interest.
· Assist in initiation, oversight and follow up of assigned clinical studies/medical projects initiated within the relevant TA (e.g. post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV), IIS projects, etc.).
· Note: all activities to comply with applicable local laws, guidelines, codes of practice, SOPs, and GPRD SOPs.
· Maintain contacts with physicians and OLs of the assigned geographic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in the therapeutic area and, where requested, AbbVie drugs/products the SPM carries responsibility for.
· Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested.
· Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately qualified physicians the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or lecture/meeting support (Round Tables, Congresses, Symposia, etc.); and to ensure a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
· Develop awareness and understanding of competitor issues/intelligence – for example, product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc – and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
· Attend relevant Scientific Societies meetings/Conferences, and develop summaries of key messages for use within the Company – such as key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring & treatments in the TA, etc.
· Upon request, assist physicians appropriately direct requests for access to Company products on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
· Support sales/marketing/internal team areas to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations.
· Provide KOLs & internal medical/clinical teams with scientific/technical support for publications of scientific/ medical interest.
· Ensure up to date knowledge of products uses and external data.
· Perform administrative duties in a timely manner as assigned.
+ Medical Doctor; PhD degree qualifications or equivalent
+ Experience working in medical affairs, especially in the field of Oncology or related therapeutic areas.
+ Solid knowledge of pharmaceutical industry. General knowledge on drug development and clinical research will be an advantage.
+ Knowledge of the scientific methods applied to clinical research and the current legislative/regulatory controls.
+ Keen interest in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for assigned therapeutic area/product and in medical research in general
+ High customer orientation
+ Excellent skills to set stake-holders relationship, networking, tact and diplomacy
+ Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity
+ A good understanding of written English
+ **Travel: No**
+ **Job Type: Experienced**
+ **Schedule: Full-time**
+ **Job Level Code: IC**