At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
An inside sales representative will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Candidates must be comfortable working in a team selling environment with primary tasks being pipeline build, lead development, and running full sales cycle activities. Daily task include making dozens of calls, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects, as well as running sales motions when appropriate.
• Operate in a team selling environment
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
• Understand customer needs and requirements
• Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate [New Business Account Executive] for further development and closure
• For select opportunities, manage the entire sales cycle
• Achieve quarterly quotas for both qualified leads passed
• Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
• Maintain and expand a database of prospects within assigned territory
• Team with [New Business Account Executive] and channel business partners to build pipeline and close deals
• When appropriate, perform effective online demos to prospects
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
3+ years of experience with inside sales and/or lead development experience with a proven track record of success
·3+ Experience finding and qualifying complex enterprise SaaS opportunities
· 3+ Experience selling services to the “C-Suite” of clients and guiding clients through the purchasing process
· Ability to assess customer business needs and relationships with qualitative and quantitative approaches
· Ability to work collaboratively with [New Business Account Executive] and 3rd party Channel Business Partners
**Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise**
• Proven inside sales and/or lead development experience
• Track record of over-achieving quota
• Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
• Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
• Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong collaboration and teaming skills
• Strong listening and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
**About Business Unit**
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM’s unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
**Your Life @ IBM**
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
**Being You @ IBM**
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.