**We Believe in Better!**
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs_._ Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
## Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth , CloudForte , Intelliserve
**What success looks like in this role:**
The majority of the work activities are performed in a highly–directed environment. Assignments include repair activities such as replaceable unit swapping, image loading, and unit testing using a detailed script. Will also perform other non-troubleshooting duties. Direction is provided by script, help desk or service desk in a Next Business Day (NBD) and/or Same Business Day (SBD) service delivery environment
* PLS Support for calls such as Dell Client
* Transformation Services calls, installing and servicing PCs, and PC peripherals and/or electronic equipment
* Takes service calls and performs incident specific activities as directed by Help Desk, Service Desk or script
* May perform routine installs, moves, adds and changes as part of a directed team, including:
* Complex desktop and laptop break fix work
* Whole unit replacement
* Simple desktop printer fixes
* Load software with a script
* Performs scripted image loading, unit diagnostics and replaceable unit swapping
* Simple troubleshooting by running basic diagnostics and performs basic module replacement on PCs, servers and peripherals
* Performs preventative maintenance activities on certain products as directed
* Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
* Insures customer satisfaction throughout
**You will be successful in this role if you have:**
* Requires a HS Degree and a minimum of 6 months of hands-on experience with laptop and desktop break-fix
* Computer building background experience preferred.
* A+ certification
* Specific Manufacturers certifications as required. i.e. EMC, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, Unisys. COMPTIA, and NETWORKPLUS
* General knowledge of desktop hardware and software including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications
* Basic mechanical skills and understanding of electro static discharge (ESD) procedures
* Training and/or vendor certifications as required including completion of Core Training
* Ability to resolve basic / non-complex problems as directed
* Client and/or governmental clearance may be required
* Posted 7 Days Ago
* Full time