At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
We are looking for individuals in the United States near a major airport.
As an IBM Cognitive Solutions Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of cognitive technologies. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Responsible for creating the technical solution architecture for a given business problem and taking a leadership role in overseeing the ultimate development, integration and testing of the solution. Requires in-depth knowledge of system engineering principles, cloud architectures, solid understanding of system decomposition techniques, and the ability to envision and create a solution using cognitive and other technologies. The individual should have experience in helping define requirements and selecting complementary components for development of a solution blueprint. Expected to have a thorough understanding of content formats, representations, data sources, content management systems and interfaces to these, with the goal of covering the full information path from source to knowledge base and from input to processing the content in cognitive computing solutions.
1. Provide best of breed, fit for purpose technology strategy and architectural recommendations
2. General data architecture proposal support, design and also in some cases delivery
3. Be accountable for creating end-to-end solution design and development on industry leading cognitive offerings
4. Oversee the architecture for the cognitive components including unstructured data technologies, cognitive APIs, NLP technologies, and related data/analytics concepts, e.g. data warehousing, business intelligence, data integration, enterprise information management, master data management and/or data consolidation projects.
5. Leadership in cross-functional teams
6. Assist in assuring client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship through delivery excellence
7. Support pre-sales activities, assessments and delivery
8. Build, grow, and steward client and business partner relationships
9. You are passionate about mentoring other team members and look to extend learnings from engagements and R&D with the company as a whole
10. Strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
11. Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications and are able to speak to both
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
+ At least 3 years of experience with cloud-native development on AWS, Azure, GCP, or IBM Cloud
+ At least 5 years of experience in advanced analytics or big data technologies
+ At least 5 years of experience with open source data and analytics technologies, such as Python, R
+ At least 3 years in selling and negotiating consulting services
+ At least 3 years of experience in senior technical leadership roles
+ At least 3 years of experience in formal project management methodology
**Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise**
+ Experience working as an architect for an IT professional services firm or similar background in an IT architecture role in a large enterprise.
+ Broad knowledge of major cloud technologies including virtualization, containers, networking etc. on different cloud platforms and additional knowledge or experience in the areas of IT and/or cloud technology architecture, service management and/or resiliency is a plus
+ Experience with NLP or conversational AI technologies, such as Watson Assistant, Watson Knowledge Studio, Google Dialogflow, Rasa, Stanford NLP is a plus
+ Experience using speech recognition and/or speech synthesis technologies (e.g. IBM Watson Speech-to-Text and Text-to-Speech) is a plus
+ Experience with AI image recognition/classification techniques is a plus
**About Business Unit**
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
**Your Life @ IBM**
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
**Being You @ IBM**
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.