JPMorgan Chase Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Wealth Management business offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. JPMorgan Private Bank was recognized in 2017 by Euro money as the world’s best global private bank, with more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries.
Legal entities in London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Geneva, Singapore and Hong-Kong are being used to provide private banking services to ultra-high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA/ASIA region.
Group Description – The Wealth Management Controllers group performs the following functions:
General Ledger Operation – Prepare, review and approve journal entries, GL Maintenance, review of balance sheet P L.
Month-end Close – Calculate, book and oversee accruals and reserves. Prepare and review of revenue expense variance trend analysis. Oversight of Inter-company transactions which includes review and resolution of all Inter Company breaks.
Regulatory Reporting – Ensure regulatory reporting is accurate and filed before due date. Coordination of PWC audits local regulators. Daily collateral monitoring. Provide DRQ supplementary data to Corporate Regulatory Groups.
Financial Reporting – Preparation presentation of Board Packages, Legal Entity Financial Reports etc.
Controls –Interpretation implementation of Corporate Accounting Policies, Quarterly review substantiation of the Other Assets Liabilities. Maintain WM Finance group CSA in Phoenix , follow up and resolution on the identified Control issues
Major Corporate and Business Initiatives Support – Provide guidance support in the New Business initiative process (including new products, merger Integration). Participate in the projects that affect Global Wealth Management Regulatory and General Ledger Balances.
He/she will be responsible for seamless delivery of daily, monthly, quarterly or any other deliverables of LEC agenda. The individual is expected to perform the key responsibilities as below:
· Monitor the integrity of the books of records of the WM activity booked in different legal entities and ensure compliance to the Legal Entity Control Standards and other applicable global policies and escalate issues as appropriate
· Perform processes specific to the product system (Olympic) and resolve issues
· Perform month-end activities such as financials variance analysis
· Prepare various corporate and local regulatory reports perform attestations as applicable
· Perform reasonableness of financials and month over month trend analysis
· Perform quick and appropriate responses to queries
· Partner in other control initiatives
· Qualified Accountant or equivalent
· 3-4 year’s Financial Service industry experience
Technical Skills Experience:
· Financial and Management Accounting skill set
· US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS working knowledge would be preferable
· Good analytical skills
· Ability to carry out complex tasks under considerable time pressure
· Strong team player
· Manages prioritizes multiple tasks across different time horizons within deadlines
· Focuses on doing what is right rather than what is expedient
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Good interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations
· Strong control mind-set
· Enthusiastic, with a positive can do attitude
· Knowledge of GL platforms used in J.P. Morgan Chase would be an advantage!|