We are currently in search of a Tunneling Design Engineer who is specialized primarily in
investigation, routing, siting, and detailed design of large diameter pipelines and tunnels and
marine outfalls including the selection and detailed design and specification of shaft and
tunnel lining systems/liners for similar type large scale projects
* Developing concept, preliminary and detailed designs of tunnels, shafts and other underground structures
* Mentoring junior staffs
* Technical delivery of tunnel work packages to budget, timescale and quality requirements.
* Liaising with and support the team leaders, design manager and other stakeholders to successfully deliver project.
* Strengthening design capabilities of tunneling team
* Coordinating engineering activities with other team members and cross-project engineering functions.
* A Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (Master’s preferred)
* Professional chartered engineer (PE/ CE) certification
* Proven track record of technical leadership
* Minimum 5-10 years of extensive experience
* Strong experience in detailed design (design for design and build)
* Strong structural background, specifically Eurocode 2 structural tunnel designs
* Experience in both TBM and Mined Tunnelling preferred
* Experience of working on projects for MENA clients preferred
**Job:** **Engineering – Geotechnical*
**Title:** *Tunnel Design Manager – Qatar, Doha*
**Location:** *QA DOHA-Doha*
**Requisition ID:** *180004JX*
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.