The main role of a Support Engineer is to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex techno-functional problems. The key skills put to use on a daily basis are – high level of techno-functional skills, Oracle products knowledge, problem solving skills, and customer interaction/service expertise. This work includes:
Work directly with Customers for
Advising on complex use of Oracle products
Resolving highly complex and mission-critical issues
Manage highly complex and critical customer issues
Serve as Situation Manager on highly sensitive issues
Consult with Management in directing resolution of critical Customer situations
Knowledge gain and sharing – achieve knowledge transfer with teammates through
development and delivery of formal team training sessions
formal mentoring for promoting the technical and professional development of others
creation/review of Knowledge Articles
Analyze work load, determine best practices and implement changes to improve productivity
Proactively contribute to improve the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, designing tools / utilities etc.
Participate and drive initiatives that
Improve overall product and documentation quality
New products/releases testing and Support Readiness
Customer service improvement
Note: This role may need you to work on weekends and multiple shifts on rotation basis.
What are we looking for?
1. BTech, or MTech in Mechanical, Production, Industrial,Chemical, Electrical, Computers Engineering
2. or MCA or MSc (Maths/Physics/Chemistry) or Chartered Accountants with work experience in working with business applications
3. MBA (Operations/Systems) is a plus
##Technical and Professional Skills:
We are looking for a techno-functional person who has real-time hands-on functional/product and/or technical experience; and/or worked with L3 level support; and/or having equivalent knowledge. Oracle Financials knowledge is not mandatory, but will be an advantage. We expect you to have:
1. Strong Financials business processes knowledge and concepts,so when you interact with a Customers/Consultants, you are able to speak their business/functional language, and win their confidence quickly.
2. Ability to relate the product functionality to business processes, and thus offer implementation advices to customers on how to meet their various business scenarios using Oracle Financials.
3. Strong problem solving skills so you can quickly narrow down to the root cause of the issue reported.
4. Strong Customer interactions and service orientation so you can understand customer’s critical situations and accordingly provide the response, and mobilize the organizational resources, while setting realistic expectations to customers.
5. Strong operations management and innovation orientation so you can continually improve the processes, methods, tools, and utilities.
6. Strong team player so you leverage each other’s strengths.You will be engaged in collaboration with peers within/across the teams every hour.
7. Strong learning orientation so you keep abreast of the emerging business models/processes, applications product solutions, product features, technology features – and use this learning to deliver value to customers on a daily basis.
8. High flexibility so you remain agile in a fast changing business and organizational environment.
## Personal Attributes:
1. Self driven and result oriented
2. Strong problem solving/analytical skills
3. Strong customer support and relation skills
4. Effective communication (verbal and written)
5. Focus on relationships (internal and external)
6. Strong willingness to learn new things and share them with others
8. Team player
9. Customer focused
10. Confident and decisive
11. Values Expertise (maintaining professional expertise in own discipline)
14. Organizational skills
15. Values and enjoys coaching/knowledge transfer ability
16. Values and enjoys writing technical Bulletins
17. Values and enjoys teaching technical courses