*The Dow Chemical Company*has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Supply Chain Improvement Specialist (m/f) to be based in *Mumbai, India.*The Supply Chain Improvement Specialist will work within the Dow Coating Materials IMEA organization and is responsible for improvement opportunity identification, developing realistic value propositions, application of the appropriate technology, project management skills, direct involvement in project implementation activities (including analysis, metrics/measurements, value case, change management, etc.), and sustaining the improvement gains (control plan).
* Accountable for all assigned integrated supply chain improvement projects
* Collaborate and work with Business Planning, Product Management, Dow Logistics, DSS and other resources to develop new ISC improvement capabilities and implement existing MET within global businesses
* Lead/contribute improvement projects (Cost To Serve, ISC Productivity, Planning, SC Operations, etc.) implementations in the business.
* Identify, assess, execute and optimize the material flow and risk trade-offs across the supply chain at a tactical or strategic level
* Mentor & coach other SC Improvement project team members and ensure work integration across implementation teams
* Provide deep content knowledge/skills within the Integrated Supply Chain. Be a recognized “Go To” person within the Dow Coating Material for supply chain knowledge/expertise
* Apply new SC technology to help make existing work processes more efficient and effective. Be viewed as a change agent who can help articulate why we need to change. Be capable of developing a compelling value case
* Viewed as a high valued, contributing team member within the Dow Coating Material business. Be known as someone who “gets things done” in complex, challenging, and large scale (global) projects.
* Consulting mindset – can effectively deal with complex business issues with multiple parties, urgent timelines, and competing priorities and develop innovative solutions
* Strong project management skills – can work independently within an existing project team and/or can lead a new project as a project leader with several team members
* Viewed as a “value creator” – can create compelling business cases to motivate business leaders to pursue potential improvement opportunity as well as “value realizer” – can lead an implementation team to drive/deliver value realization
* Change agent – capable of leading change despite challenging environment
* Deep and broad SC functional skills and expertise in supply chain planning, sales and operations planning (S&OP), inventory management, supply chain simulation, network optimization, Logistics, etc.
* 8 years of business process/technology implementation experience and business acumen to deal with myriad of issues that inevitably happen as part of transformational change
* Knowledge of Dow Logistics transportation modes
* Deep knowledge and understanding of SAP Supply Chain Management planning applications, as well as other relevant technologies for inventory optimization, production planning/detailed scheduling (APO, OMP, MIMI etc.)
* Ability to effectively interact with business and functional leaders
* Experience in improvement related projects.
* Curious and keeps abreast of the latest supply chain technology and process innovations.
* Master’s Degree in engineering or a related science.
* APICS certification (CPIM/CSCP)/ Supply Chain Management – preferred
* 8 -10 years relevant work experience in Supply Chain Management
* Work experience that includes:
o Roles in SC improvement projects around SC planning and operations with strong value proposition/realization and use of technology
o Project leader skills with SC Consulting – internal and/or external
o Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt project leader certification
* The critical competencies required for success are Interpersonal Effectiveness, Initiative, Value Creation, and Supply Chain Management.
* Technical proficiency in the use of computer applications, and sound analytical skills are necessary.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
*Supply Chain Improvement Specialist*