We are looking for highly talented engineers to help build the next generation of storytelling and presentation software and services. PowerPoint is one of the most recognized and used applications on the planet and reaches millions of customers across PCs, Macs, tablets, phones, and over the web. We are also making pioneering advances in using machine learning and artificial intelligence to enhance our user experiences. Our team is responsible for all aspects of engineering for this ecosystem of apps and services.
As a software engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing, building and running core pieces of PowerPoint. You will work closely with other engineers to take ideas through design, implementation, validation, and release. You will become an expert in various areas of the PowerPoint codebase and master a wide array of the latest technologies and tools quickly. You will write secure, reliable, scalable, and high-performance code as well as automation to test it and telemetry to measure its behavior in production. You will work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment to design, prototype, implement, and ship features. You will take head-on the engineering and technical challenges inherent in building and delivering a powerful presentation ecosystem of global scale services and cross-platform, modern applications.
What you can expect
• You will get the chance to ship world-class software. From fast evolving new features to long-range strategic investments, we do it all.
• Your work will impact millions of people. PowerPoint has an install base of over a billion and you will have the chance to reach all those people.
• You will be able to work on a variety of technologies and tools across different platforms and devices and learn new skills in the process.
• You will work on tangible, impactful tasks. Our belief in good software architecture and quality code has led to a codebase that is easy to understand, modern and quick to develop in.
• You will work with very talented, passionate, and friendly engineers and learn from them. We have a great management team with lots of experience that can help you move your career forward. The PowerPoint team is a great place for software engineering.
• You will be at the forefront of innovation in our mission to make PowerPoint the best visual storytelling application.
What we expect from you
• Have 3+ years of software development and test experience with fluency in in native (C/C++ etc) and web stack (JS, ASPX, REST services).
• Have excellent skills in design, debugging, and problem solving.
• Be experienced in designing and implementing automation.
• Have a good understanding of all aspects of the software development process.
• Be an effective communicator with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
• Have a passion for customers, product quality and test engineering.
• Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality products or services is a plus.
• BTech in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.