Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Want to help drive the future of end user productivity using innovative technologies? Want to work across a variety of product groups and business organizations to leverage the latest and greatest technology?
Then look no further.
End User Services Engineering (EUSE) delivers and runs services that create a highly productive work environment for all Microsoft employees.
We work across individual productivity, team productivity, and field/support work streams in areas such as: Modern devices, search solutions to help people find resources and collaborate with others, modern meeting experience for the Enterprise, Support solutions using Bots, Line of Business applications that facilitate employee productivity in their work environment, IoT-driven experiences to create Smart Buildings, and enterprise intelligence initiatives using AI, and more. We work across productivity and collaboration tools such as SharePoint, O365 and others that are extensively used in the Enterprise. We also ensure that Microsoft data in SharePoint is protected by applying various governance policies.
EUSE is looking for an excellent Software Engineer to drive key aspects of the cross-Microsoft enterprise services transformation. The ideal candidate will play a significant role working with other senior technical engineering PMs, Software Engineers, and Architects across Microsoft to identify opportunities, coordinate solutions (adjust priorities, define new features, co-design/develop, etc.), and accelerate delivery of key technology services and capabilities to improve and ensure the best end-to-end customer and employee experiences.
You will be required to be hands-on, bring innovative approaches that continuously improve our ability to deliver faster, better and cheaper solutions. You’ll be responsible for end-to-end Engineering (from architecture, designing and developing to supporting Production. You will design and develop secure, maintainable, accessible, and scalable large, complex Datawarehouse and Analytics systems. You are responsible for defining and executing test automation plans for DBs and data pipelines. You must follow modern Engineering practices and implement continuous integration/ delivery with build and deploy automation. You will ensure maintainability with sound instrumentation and telemetry into the solutions. You are also responsible for Monitoring Live Site of the key business/service metrics in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service performs well on the agreed outcomes.
Ideal Candidate must have solid understanding of latest SQL Server & BI technology in a development environment including Visual Studio.NET in a team setting. He/ She should be proficient in Design, Development of large complex Enterprise databases/warehouses preferably using Microsoft SQL Technologies. Candidates should have very good understanding and knowledge of SSIS (or equivalent ETL tool), SSRS, SSAS (MDX & Tabular), Power Pivot, Power View, Power BI etc.
They must create high level and low level detailed designs in accordance with standards documentation. Also, participate in design reviews and code inspections in order to find defects early and ensure production quality. They must ensure Design adheres to Design Quality Standards and complies with security, privacy, usability and performance standards of Microsoft. He/ She must design and develop high quality code in accordance with privacy, security, and coding standards guidelines.
Candidates should be adept at working cross-group with other teams, as our development projects are often coordinated with other teams around the world.
Ideal candidates must be able to propose futuristic Architectures & Design for Databases, Datawarehouse & Data Lakes; come up with Technology Evaluation and recommendation for database, Datawarehouse, data lake architecture.
· BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
· 6+ years’ Experience in creating enterprise scale Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics, Data Warehouse, Big Data systems.
· Experience in developing scalable solutions for data discovery, analysis, and present Develop metadata driven data collection, integration, and organization services. Well versed with big data design/implementation design/architecture patterns.
· Strong knowledge in Data transfer/sync frameworks, reporting frameworks, Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large scale enterprise systems.
· Experience using automated test frameworks as a part of the engineering
· Experience with building in telemetry into the products
Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master, Service Reliability Engineer)
· Hands-on SQL, Optimized Query writing, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting & development experience.
· Programming & Debugging Experience in .Net/C#, Java, Python, REST concepts and Windows PowerShell.
· Knowledge and experience in data warehousing, data processing (ETL), e-metrics/measurement, business intelligence, information retrieval, parallel and distributed computation
· Expertise in BI/DW/Analytical/Operational reporting.
· Experience in analyzing very large real world datasets and hands-on approach in data analytics.
· Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices
· Proven sense of high accountability and self-drive to take on and see through big challenges
· Experience working in a global delivery model
Preferred, not required:
· Experience in Azure based analytics, storage, and reporting – Azure data lake, Azure Datawarehouse, HD Insight, Azure Data Factory.
· Experience using Microsoft management platforms like System Center, System Center Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Management Suite & Virtual Machine Manager, etc..
· Experience in user friendly data visualizations using self-service capabilities
· Excellent analytical skills Specialization in statistics or Machine Learning is a plus but not required
· Experience with Hadoop, NoSQL, ETL, Streaming, Machine Learning or other Big Data/Analytics technology. Good understanding of the BigData concepts – Cosmos, Hive, HDFS Concepts,, Pig, Yarn, MapReduce, Sqoop, Storm and Spark. (Nice to Have)
· Azure Advanced Analytics Platform. Strong knowledge of Azure Advanced Analytics technologies such as Cognitive Services, Machine Learning, AI, Stream Analytics, HDInsight and Microsoft SQL Server analytics capabilities – Desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.