Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Want to help drive the future of end user productivity using innovative technologies? Want to work across a variety of product groups and business organizations to leverage the latest and greatest technology?
Then look no further.
End User Services Engineering (EUSE) delivers and runs services that create a highly productive work environment for all Microsoft employees.
EUSE is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to drive key aspects of the cross-Microsoft enterprise services transformation. The ideal candidate will play a significant role working with other senior technical engineering PMs, Software Engineers, and Architects across Microsoft to identify opportunities, coordinate solutions (adjust priorities, define new features, co-design/develop, etc.), and accelerate delivery of key technology services and capabilities to improve and ensure the best end-to-end customer and employee experiences.
· Working collaboratively with top engineers across Microsoft to drive effective technical solutions
· Coordinating with Microsoft IT and PG leadership in project and strategy reviews
· Driving the company’s strategy and technical/data architecture for key technologies to achieve cross-company goals and alignment
· Architect, design, develop, and deliver high quality software that powers ever increasing demands of availability, reliability, security and performance of IT core tools.
· Stay on top of industry trends, standards from security and scalability perspective to Lead and influence design decisions to build services right ground up.
· Driving code and design reviews and take them closure
· 8+ years of demonstrated work experience in the Information Systems industry
· 6+ years of solid Design/Development/Review/Testing full stack developer experience for large/complex applications (.NET, SQL, Angular / front end scripting).
· Successful candidate must have deep technical aptitude, great communication and cross-group skills, strong customer focus, a can-do attitude and the ability to jump in and get the job done in a fast-paced and stimulating environment.
· Should have a Computer Science or related degree; BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
· Strong understanding of fundamentals of Computer Science
· Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies (C# and the .NET Framework) and/or competitive offerings (e.g. J2EE, WebLogic or WebSphere). Candidates should have previous experience with multiple product release cycles.
· Experience with ASP.NET, MVC, or WCF/Web API is a mandatory.
· 6+ years software development experience in full product cycle: design, development, release and maintenance.
· 4+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services at large enterprise scale.
· Good at design patterns and their application.
· Experience using automated test frameworks
· Ability to work independently (self-driven) as well as coordinate and collaborate with other disciplines when needed
· Experience with building in telemetry into the products
· Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master, Service Reliability Engineer)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.