About Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Platform Development
Cloud Infrastructure Platform Development team develops and operates
tools and automation infrastructure layers which deliver best-of-breed
cloud software solutions to Oracle customers. We support dozens of cloud
products – from customer experience through human capital management to
enterprise analytics – that generate 40 billion platform transactions
every single day. Our team provides 24/7, follow-the-sun coverage while
pushing the boundaries of what can be accomplished in the cloud.
will have great growth opportunities in the Infrastructure Development
team, implementing software and services to manage our expanding
computing environments and support our operations teams.
About the job
will be joining a growing, agile, world-class team of engineers, who
develop and automate the provisioning, management, and monitoring of
Oracle Public Cloud network infrastructure. As a software engineer you
will be tasked with developing, maintaining and troubleshoot the
software platform that automates the network infrastructure
configuration. You will solve interesting technical challenges in an
automated, secure, scalable and reliable manner. This includes, but it
is not limited to:
• Ownership of the architecture, design,
implementation, testing and operations of components of
the infrastructure automation platform
• Design reusable APIs and build repeatable templates for common functions.
Work across business and operations stakeholders to understand solution
needs and capabilities required to improve solution offerings
• Develop and/or enhance solutions that meet business needs and provide required levels of cost, reliability and performance
• Analyse best practices and emerging concepts in Infrastructure Automation to improve team development process
What you need to have
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Expertise in building highly-scalable distributed solutions, exposing services as APIs (SOAP and REST)
• Understanding of data models using relational databases and/or NoSQL.
• Experience in designing and building configuration automation for large datacenters or service provider networks
Experience developing in a continuous integration (CI) and continuous
deployment (CD) pipeline with working knowledge of container management
and orchestration tools like Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
Strong understanding of network concepts including L2/L3/Leaf-spine
architectures, TCP/IP, BGP, IP/Peer/Circuit provisioning
• Experience with Linux OS environments and scripting/automation languages like Bash, Python, Ruby etc.
• Understanding of standard network/application protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, etc.
• Knowledge of software-defined network (SDN) concepts and methods for managing network configuration with code
Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming in languages
like Python, Java, C++, etc. and application of development patterns
like MVC, MVVM, etc.
• Working knowledge of one or more automation tools like Ansible, Chef, netconf
• Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to clearly convey thoughts and ideas to others
• Committed self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative environment with personnel at all levels in the organization
• Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
What the perfect candidate will have
In addition to the knowledge, skills and experiences listed above, an ideal candidate will have:
• 7+ years of experience working with mission-critical production environments
• 4+ years of experience programming using Object Oriented principles
• Experience with Juniper or Cisco network device operating systems
• Working experience with Oracle DB or MySQL databases
• Working experience with Docker container services!|