The Database as a Service team is an integral part of Oracle Cloud Native Engineering (CNE). CNE provides the Micro-Services Platform (MSP), Operations Stack (OST), and Software Delivery as a Service (SDaaS) to support high margin, highly elastic, and highly available Software as aService (SaaS) applications into Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
The mission statement of the CN DBaaS service is to satisfy the needs of our Oracle Global Business Unit (GBU) partners by operating world class, cloud native, Oracle Database as a Service (DBaaS) cloud offering for industry.
Work with a world class team to provide Oracle Database Administration support for customer production systems in the Oracle Cloud, with the opportunity to work on the latest Oracle database releases and features as part of the cloud first strategy. Provide DBA operational support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer success.
Must be a motivated, team-player with the ability to work cross functionally with a “can-do” and “do-it-right” attitude, a self-starter, and constantly thinking of ways to improve the work.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member. 3+ years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with a focus in Oracle and related tools. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its databases is preferred. BS or equivalent desired.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Alert and diagnostic monitoring
• Participate 24×7 on call support on a weekly rotating schedule, including weekends
• Work closely with Product Development teams and provide feedback to improve product quality
• Develop administration automation and monitoring scripts as needed
• Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures/documentation
• Provide escalation support for database related issues
• Share knowledge and mentor junior team members as needed
• Attend weekly team meetings and participate team building activities
• Other duties, as assigned
Key Requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Willing to work in a 24×7 production mission critical environment, including weekends
• Experience with Oracle database 12c, 18c, RAC, ASM, Data Guard and Performance tuning
• Experience with Enterprise Manager for monitoring and administering mission critical databases
• Experience with database backup and recovery
• Experience with database patching and upgrades
• Experience in any Unix shell script, Perl script and Python
• Experience in Oracle SQL/PLSQL
• Experience administering databases on Exadata is a strong plus
• Strong troubleshooting skills to investigate errors and performance bottlenecks
• Excellent written, verbal communication and documentation skills
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.