CSE&O is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. CSE&O provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Inspiring what’s next, CSE&O employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
The CSE&O Data Center / Lab Network Engineering team has an immediate opening for a network engineer with a strong background in network designs, hands-on deployments, and troubleshooting complex network issues in hosting datacenter environments.
Core fundamental aspects of the position:
· Developing enterprise wide routers, switch, and firewall solutions
· Designing and deploying virtualized network services
· Network optimization, network health via monitoring, thresh holding and throughput capacity planning
· Network analysis via protocol analyzers
· Technology leader with regards to Hardware Load Balancing, High Availability
· Network hardware and software performance and configuration verification testing
· Assist with the definition and tracking of key performance metrics to assess cross-organizational compliance on mutually agreed performance and availability targets
· Development of network automation framework
· Automation of testing, configuration, and deployments of network solutions
The network engineer will need to have the skills necessary to perform the following and tasks
· Design solutions that scale to meet requirements and are easily supported by operations teams
· Work closely with vendors to understand emerging technologies and how they would benefit the Microsoft network
· Assist clients with network traffic analysis, knowledge of protocol analysis
· Consult with application owners and design scalable and supportable datacenter designs to meet application requirements
· Knowledge of large scale networking solutions
· Work closely service providers, service managers, operations teams, and program managers,
· Develop and maintain an extensive understanding of the Microsoft network environment
· A BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience) and a minimum of 5 years in designing and deploying large scale networks
· Strong background with routers, switches, and firewalls
· Experience in routing and switching protocols OSPF, BGP, IPV4 & V6, STP, MPLS in large enterprise class or service provider networks
· Very strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large environments
· Solid background in load balancing solutions such as A10 or F5
· Ability to design fault tolerant, highly available environments
· Ability to produce architecture and engineering documents
· Programming experience a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.