We are recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to join a fantastic residential service for children and young people with disabilities. The role is based in Stoke On Trent and within easy commute of Birmingham, Wolverhampton & Stafford.
Our client is an established provider of Residential Childcare with a proven record of creating home environments that exceed children’s needs. They facilitate children in their care to express their characters, establish their independence and become their own person.
As a Senior Support Worker you will be making a huge difference to lives of children with disabilities and those who have suffered trauma and abuse.
The role includes:
* Leading shifts and supervising a team of support workers
* Working closely with the management team to ensure the service maintains excellent standards
* Keeping accurate records and recording the various aspect of care
* Helping the young people to over come difficulties or disadvantages holding them back from fulfilling their potential
Whilst the role has its challenges, the results you will see from the children you work with offer incomparable job satisfaction. Could this be you?
You must be at least 21 years of age and have the following:
· 1 Years residential experience working with young people
· Full driving license with access to own transport
· Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People / Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
If you meet the above specification then please get in touch ASAP, the successful applicant will be rewarded with:
· Market leading rates of pay with additional over time & sleep-in enhancements
· On-going career progression including the opportunity to eventually complete a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
· Flexible working hours
· 28 days holiday per year
· Minimum 2% pension contributions
· Nursery Tax Credits / Childcare Vouchers
· Extensive in-house training
If this could be you, please don’t hesitate and apply immediately!! The successful applicant will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check