This position is for 24×7 Oracle Cloud Network Operations Team. You will be a member of the team responsible for network and security Incident/capacity/quality management for supporting the Oracle Public Cloud Network.
Role and Experience
– 2 to 7 years experience supporting network and network security technologies, especially Juniper Netscreen and SRX Firewalls, F5 Load balancers, Cisco (Nexus and Catalyst) and Juniper routers and switches and Mcafee proxy.
– In depth knowledge of routing, switching, firewall, load balancer and DDoS mitigation. Experience in operations role which include monitoring, troubleshooting, proactive measurement for network and security environment capacity issues.
– Ability to configure and Troubleshoot Switches (Cisco), Firewall (Juniper) and load balancer (F5 LTM). “Hands-on” networking experience in a global production environment.
– Incident management covering and identifying actionable incidents using monitoring system. Resolving network issues with advance troubleshooting and coordination with onsite support teams and vendors.
– Processing Network Change Management requests from server and apps/dba teams as per established change management policy.
– Capability to work with other team members in outage calls, coordination with management and SMEs, provide RCA/CA.
– Cisco and Juniper certifications desired. Additional Preferred.
– Experience with complex ticketing and incident/request tracking systems.
– Strong analytical problem solving skills.
– Strong technical knowledge of client/server and Internet concepts and techniques.
– Preference for individual having cloud experience with Internet routing and support.
– Preference for individual with experience in scripting and network automation – Python, Puppet, Ansible.
– Highly motivated and self-starter. Strong oral and written technical and interpersonal communication skills including sensitivity to user community and the importance of maintaining a positive vendor relationship.