Stantec is currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor for a Sewage Treatment Plant in Abu Dhabi.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Technical Delivery
• Experience in all facets of quantity surveying including cost planning, quantity take-off, preparation of bills of quantities in CESMM format, estimating, tender and contract document production, report writing, claim evaluation/ negotiation, general post contract administration, valuation of variations, agreement of new rates, Taking Over Certificates and Defects Liability.
• Assistance Project Managers on commercial matters
• Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company’s cashflow
• Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
• General commercial management of sub-contractors
• Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
• Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
• Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
• Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
• Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate
2. Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
• Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
3. Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
4. Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec’s Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec’s Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
Quantity Surveyor (STP)
• Bachelors of Science in QS from a recognized University.
• Professional Qualifications; e.g. MRICS.
•Minimum 10-15 years of GCC and demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision and construction of sewage treatment projects, particularly in stakeholder management and coordination. communication to build, manage the reputation of the project, maintain goodwill and understanding between project’s parties and stakeholders as well as public
• Should have extensive experience in the preparation of cost estimating, project whole life cycle costing, Net Present Value (NPV) calculations, budget cost estimates, cost benefit analysis, detailed tender estimates, CESSM3 format bill of quantities (BoQ) and Schedules of Prices (SoP) etc, development of unit cost matrices etc.
Project Planning and Controls
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients’ challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
**Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):**
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates