Performs Journeyman level Direct Support/General Support (DS/GS) services, technical support for facility and or mobile equipment ECU units, sustainment and field maintenance, in Afghanistan AOR.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Performs the full range of organization level maintenance; scheduled and unscheduled repairs and maintenance; installations, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, operate and maintain HVAC systems.
2. Test back-up power and associated UPS, in accordance with SOP’s, ARMY TM Manuals and OEM Manauls.
3. Perform field and sustainment level; this will entail PMCS and unscheduled services.
4. Internal temperature alarms (digital thermometers) will be placed in communication facilities, and procedures shall be established to report and respond to excessive temperature alarms when received by this 24/7 facility.
5. Coordinates with procurement for the delivery of Materials and Parts and maintains weekly status report of assigned assets or facilities.
6. Coordinates with POC’s at assigned Sites for transportation of parts and scheduling of PMCS services and unscheduled service repairs
7. Prepares appropriate maintenance forms and records for accountability to include trip reports.
8. Ensures requests for repair parts are properly prepared and communicated to TLSF Department.
9. Inform to supervisor in advance of any interruption in service for customer notification, this will also require coordination with military
10. Provides equipment-operating assistance to users and technical assistance upon request.
11. Arrange the proper return and replacement of the defective item under warranty, repair, wrongly ordered or delivered item/s.
12. Coordinate with Procurement for any quality issues on parts so that it can be rectified
13. Support Logistics & Procurement to update parts substitutions in maintenance system
14. Maintains accountability and serviceability of assigned assets and equipment to include calibration.
15. Monitors repair parts usage to determine if current stock levels are adequate for maintaining repair schedule and submits monthly requirement for procurement action.
16. Strict adherence to performance work statement requirements and associated references
17. Duties may vary dependent on mission.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Diagnostic and test equipment relevant to trade, compressed gases, Lifting devices, Materiel handling equipment. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.
1. Shop and field environment; May be required to work an uncommon schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
2. Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
3. Must have the ability to wear a respirator for long periods of time.
4. Required to observe all safety and health requirements for field assignment
5. Must maintain a professional appearance/attitude, consistent with local customs and company policy.
6. Must be able to continue performance during hostilities.
7. Estimated travel within theater is 60%.
Must be able to lift 25lbs continuously, 50lbs intermittently. Work environment is often fast paced and at times requires exposure to high heat and humidity. Will need to protect extremities and ensure proper use of PPE due to work environment.
Five (5) years of hands on experience in the electrical wiring industry, which shall include experience in planning, laying out, and installing electrical distribution systems in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC), and shall have been under the direct supervision of a qualifying electrician for a licensed electrical contractor. Electrical work experience shall include electrical installation in commercial and industrial categories. No more than 75% of the experience may be in any one category. Familiarity with (Eaton, PTI and APC) brands of Uninterruptable Power Supplies and environmental control units (ECU’s) from package to spilt units for the following brands (Trane, Carrier, Bard, Liebert, Marvair, Hitachi, Air rover, Alaska to Chigo, Samsung).
1. Attention to detail, verifies assumptions before accepting them
2. Demonstrate decision making, problem solving and team building concepts
3. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
4. Ability to work with very diverse workforce
5. Experience in automated records maintenance
6. Excellent communicator both in written and oral English
None, as directed, supervised and managed by Vectrus Project Lead or designee
**Title:** _Qatar Remote HVAC Technician_
**Requisition ID:** _18022BR_
**Clearance Level required at Start Date:** _Secret_
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran