The Senior Service Reliability Operator (SRO) will conduct activities concerned with ensuring the performance and reliability of our applications. This includes monitoring, implementing and validating configuration changes, gathering and reporting metrics, providing support to other teams and incident management.
· Monitor automated alerts from various monitoring systems.
· Interact with the Customer Support Organization in the capacity of Tier 3 customer support.
· Work with DBAs and support to manage issues caused by inefficient database queries.
· Resolve problems by executing Standard Operating Procedures. Provide feedback to enhance Standard Operating Procedures.
· Identify and implement improvements to the team’s processes.
· Perform routine checks at the start of shifts.
· Develop training for other team members.
· Other specific projects as required.
Key skills requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Electronics / Electric Engineering or equivalent.
· Understanding of the concepts behind web application stacks.
· Operating System: Windows administration 2003, 2008.
· Database: MS SQL administration is a must.
· Understanding /reading /writing / troubleshooting SQL script is a must.
· Web servers: Experience on IIS administration and WebLogic.
· Application support experience in SaaS (software as a service) environment.
· Knowledge on Virtualization and Scripting would be an Added advantage.
· Knowledge on Oracle DB would be good to have.
Required Personal Attributes:
Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
Good written and oral communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
Highly self-motivated and directed
Keen attention to detail
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Strong customer service orientation
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Desire to analyze and discover the root cause of problems.
Ability to prioritize tasks without direct supervision.
Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt with our constantly evolving applications.
Flexible to work in Shifts and weekends.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
Certification(s) in a Windows administration (MCSE/MCSA)
Certification(s) in VMWare/OVM administration
Knowledge on Linux operating system
Prior experience in mission-critical support role
Prior commercial development experience