The Dow Chemical Company is looking for a Plant Scheduler to be based in Mumbai, India. The Plant Scheduler is responsible to determine short term production rates, validate and communicate the production schedule to operating personnel and has knowledge of the plant capabilities and production scheduling. The Plant Scheduler validates and translates the production schedule into day to day instructions and communicates to operating personnel. Also, the Plant Scheduler resolves exceptions to the production schedule on a daily basis and communicates needed changes.
Work Week: Sunday to Thursday
* Production planning for next 72 hours (MIMI)
* Scorecard reporting KPI – PTP ( performance to plan), PS (plan stability), PtS ( performance to schedule samt SS ( schedule stability) tracking
* Work on follow-up action items (.ie from morning meeting, logBook etc)
* Review service schedules/PPM with maintenance
* Production Start up/Shut down planning meetings
* Responsible for IRA management (adjust inventory in ECC from cycle count results, request cycle count )
* Managing APO, SAP and MIMI dataBases and to keep them updated with latest production capacity and shiftpattern.
* Report to SC if the demand does not fit the demand in APO
* Material movement of BA, MMA, VAM and Styren in ECC.
* Evaluate capability to commit to schedule.
* Develop a plan to resolve exceptions that are covered by Business rules.
* Understand the plan to resolve the exception and the impact on the production schedule and provides appropriate feedback to planning.
* Communicate production instructions to operations personnel.
* Utilize knowledge of plant capability, capacity and inventory to ensure daily production targets are met.
* On call contact for issues regarding production scheduling.
Raw Material Scheduling
* RM/PM inventory management
* Timely completion of Monthly/weekly/daily stock review of RM/PM as per the demand/Production schedule
* Provide RM forecast to Sourcing/ supplier
* Manage DRP for Intercompany RM and work with other plant planners to get the material On time
* Closely work with suppliers and get the required RM and ensure timely availability
* Closely work with ITO to get the Import material to site on time
* Track and reduce Import detention
* Identify bottleneck on storage and provide inputs on de-bottlenecking to Site logistics/warehouse/manufacturing
* Participate in supply review meetings to have visibility on long term RM planning
* Understand the significant changes in RM requirements as compared to previous cycle and take proactive actions
* Validate RM/PM inventory norms every 3 months based on demand-supply variability, lead times and desired service levels and make suitable updates
* Monitor and report actual versus forecasted RM/PM Consumption on a weekly basis, highlight exceptions to supply/demand planners
* Ensure assessment of slow moving and non-moving inventory on a periodic basis and ensure execution of appropriate action for shelf life extension/liquidation
* Escalate unresolved issues to Supply chain leader
* Investigation of IRA misses
* Actively Participate in plant MPS meeting and confirm the RM/PM coverage and highlight if any concern on stock
* Participate in Pre-S&OP meetings
* Monitor, implementation of planned cost initiatives Projects at the plant
* Lead the Morning Plant meetings
* 4 to 5 years of relevant experience
* Master’s Degree
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .