The Dow Chemical company is looking for Piping Materials Engineer based in India.
The Piping Material Engineer’s (PME) primary responsibility is to act as the code designer ensuring all governing design codes and Dow work processes are being followed in the creation and utilization of piping specifications, testing requirements, deviation requests, piping specialty items, and non-standard component design.
Piping Material Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to capital and expense projects from Project Definition through Detailed Design to Construction.
The Piping Material Engineer will also act as Piping Subject Matter Expert assisting Maintenance and Operations with troubleshooting piping related issues. The PME will provide quality deliverables with tasks such as:
* Providing engineering design support to both internal project teams and external stake holders.
* Completing design calculations for new specifications or non-standard components.
* Reviewing and approving Piping Design details.
* Completing line list reviews to ensure proper spec selection, P/T check and test classification.
* Representing Dow in a professional manner with outside vendors, suppliers, and technology vendors.
* Working to resolve overall constructability, operability and maintainability issues.
* Working with Approved Manufacturers / Suppliers as necessary to resolve issues.
* Ensuring that environmental, Safety and Loss Prevention Principles are used in design and imbedded into our Global Piping Work Process.
* Ensuring that Dow’s designs consistently comply with applicable industry codes, standards, Dow’s Most Effective Technology and Dow’s global practices and specifications.
* Participating as a member on Tactical Solution Team(s).
The PME should have a working knowledge of piping systems and tools, including:
* Chemical / petrochemical process industries including utilities and power
* Design criteria and standards
* Applicable codes and standards, both national and international, including ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, and BPVC Section VIII
* Safety and loss prevention principles
* Industry and Governmental local codes and regulations
* P&ID symbology
* Piping Stress Analysis specifications
* Piping Materials (pipe, valves, fitting)
* Degree in engineering-related field with preference to Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years experience in Piping Materials Engineering
* Self-starter with high initiative
* Able to participate as a team player on dynamic multi-discipline project teams requiring strong negotiating and evaluation skills
* Experience in simultaneously managing conflicting priorities, resources, and timelines
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications or equivalent (e.g., MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, etc.)
* Knowledge of ASME B31.3, B31.1, and B&PV Section VIII Div. 1
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
*Piping Materials Engineer*