The Dow Chemical Company is looking for*Piping Engineer*to be based in Chennai, *India*.
* Lead Piping team on capital projects
* Lead a group of engineers, designers, and modelers, including assigning work and coaching
* Responsible for schedule, quality, and EH&S compliance for all piping activities and deliverables on the assigned project
* Carry out man-hour estimates, review schedule, and track progress
* Coordinate with other disciplines, clients, and vendors
* Piping Material Take-Off
* Carry out all procurement activities
* Drive Model Reviews with project team and client using review tools
* Set up and implement quality plan for the project
* Motivate, coach, and guide the team for project success
* Carry out all project closure activities, and support construction team
Candidates for this position must meet the following requirements.
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in piping layout design for oil and gas or petrochemical projects
* Expert in International/Domestic piping codes and standards
* Excellent plant design and piping layout concepts
* Knowledge in Piping stress and supports
* 3D modeling skills using tools like SP3D
* Proficient in use of MS Office tools
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Must be able to communicate well within the team as well as with other discipline personnel
* Must be a self-starter
* Must be able to foresee problems and possess the commitment to meet tight schedules with quality
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .