– Good understanding of the core concepts involved in Wireless / Microwave networking concepts / technologies.
– Must have experience working in a switched network environment, routing, configuring vlans, virtual private networking,network optimization, remote management, and redundancy (for connectivity as well as hardware).
– Familiarity with HP and with front end connectivity powered by Cisco routers. Cisco PIX type firewalls and ASA series security devices.
– Must be familiar with Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Linux.
– Must be familiar with Cisco catalyst switches for a number of physical and virtual segments.
– Experience with maintaining virtual environments
– Experience with entire Microsoft office suite (install, configure exchange servers)
– Experience/talent for network security and vulnerability analysis.
– Available to be on-call to respond to off-hours support requests -Degree/Certification in Computer/Information Technology
– Cisco Certification (CCNA)
– Understanding and working knowledge of HTML and or web scripting (php, js) -Personal interest in keeping up to date with ever changing technologies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
– Help roll out software upgrades, perform ‘hands-on’ hardware installations, upgrades and maintenance, inventory and order equipment and supplies, document changes, maintain backups and archives, monitor resources, research new technologies, test new methods for improving our current infrastructure, and much more.
– Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment
– Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
– Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
– Load computer tapes and disks and install software and printer paper and forms
– Provide problem-solving services to network users
– Implement data, software and hardware security procedures
– Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
– Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
Web technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
– Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade web-server hardware and software
– Set up local area networks and connections to the internet
– Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
– Perform web-server backup and recovery operations.
Personal Skills and Abilities Required:
– Ability to concentrate, prioritize and perform when needed
– Must possess an extreme interest in computers
– Must possess excellent communication skills as coordination with third parties outside of the company does occur.
– Demonstrated teamwork
– Strong problem solving skills
– Aptitude to learn and apply knowledge quickly
Refer a friend