The Dow Chemical Company is looking for Lead Piping Engineer (m/f) to be based in Chennai, India .
The candidate will be accountable for the piping scope on global capital and expense projects from project definition through detailed design to construction. The candidate will lead piping discipline design teams to provide quality project deliverables for large and intermediate projects including retrofits and revamps.
* Effectively plan and organize work including setting priorities for Piping Engineers and Designers to meet project milestones
* Develop and manage project schedule and report physical progress of deliverables.
* Developing, maintaining, and tracking cost estimates (material and engineering work hours) for all stages of the project life cycle.
* Developing layouts and conducting reviews to for constructability, operability and maintainability of the facility
* Carry out / facilitate pipe stress analysis as required.
* Work with Pipe Material Specifications and piping components to ensure that we use the most effective technology for cost advantage.
* Coaching and mentoring Engineers and Designers
* Applying global design standards, EH&S standards, most effective technology, loss prevention principles, applicable engineering codes, and best practices.
* Ensuring that environmental, safety and loss prevention principles are used in design
* Ensuring that designs consistently comply with applicable industry codes, standards, Dow’s Most Effective Technology and Dow global practices and specifications.
* Representing Dow in a professional manner with outside vendors, suppliers, and technology vendors.
* Providing technical piping engineering support across functions.
* Work to resolve constructability, operability and maintainability issues.
* Developing to become a global expert in several piping skills and technologies.
* Participating as an ad hoc member on one or more Global Piping Discipline Technology Resource Network Team(s).
* Interfacing with and participating on teams with manufacturing personnel, maintenance personnel, other engineering design disciplines, vendors, contractors, and suppliers as needed.
* Travelling to sites including international locations for field verification, field measurements, field engineering, construction support, and engineering support at third party companies
Candidates for this position must meet the following requirements.
* A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in piping layout design for oil and gas and petrochemical projects.
* Expert in International piping codes and Standards.
* Excellent plant design and piping layout concepts
* Knowledge in developing and trouble – shooting piping Layouts
* Knowledge in pipe stress and supports
* Skills using tools like SP3D and review tools like SPR, Navisworks and LFM
* Good at usage of MS Office tools
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Must be able to communicate well within the team as well as with other discipline personnel.
* Must be a self-starter, shall be able to foresee problems, and possess the commitment to meet tight schedules with quality.
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
*Lead Piping Engineer*