**Help Desk Senior**
USSOCOM’s mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
This position requires shift work Shift Work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work 12 hours per day, 6 days per week on one of two daily shifts (days and evenings); however, customer needs may require modification to this schedule. It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required. There is a potential for event driven after hours, weekend and holiday support
The Help Desk Senior provides daily supervision and direction to staff members who are responsible for support to users in the areas of electronic mail, account creation and maintenance, standard desktop applications, and applications developed and deployed by the Government. The Help Desk Senior requires a strong understanding of voice and data communications, LAN/WAN equipment and operations, networking, network components, vendors, and points of contact for troubleshooting hardware, software, PC, and printer problems, as well as call center support for Government programs. General experience includes background in information systems development, network operations, application performance in a client/server environment, or related fields. Specialized experience includes the management of help desks in a multi-user environment, a comprehensive understanding of PC operating systems, an in-depth knowledge of network and electronic mail operations, and prior supervision of help desk employees. The Help Desk Sr. must have a demonstrated ability to communicate exceptionally well both orally and in writing, as well as have a positive customer service attitude.
* Managing day-to-day operations of the help desk to include adherence to USSOCOM Incident Management Process, Change Management Process and Asset Management Process.
* Creating and implementing knowledge based articles to support troubleshooting and resolution of common user issues
Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration, industrial management, or appropriate discipline with eight (8) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
5 year experience in the management of Help Desk in a multi-user environment
Required Certification: DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in field relevant to position
Preferred Experience: Experience using BMC Remedy Incident Management System, Active Directory Users and Computers, Remote Desktop applications.
Preferred Certifications: ITIL Foundations or any Intermediate level ITIL certification relevant to the position
* Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, and windy climates.
* Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position will require night and weekend work.
* Must meet and maintain CENTCOM physical requirements for deployment. Qualification standards are determined by CENTCOM.
* Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
* General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
* Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift Work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work 12 hours per day, 6 days per week on one of two daily shifts (days and evenings); however, customer needs may require modification to this schedule. It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required. There is a potential for event driven after hours, weekend and holiday support
* Extended Continental and Oversees travel will be required. May be required to attend off site meetings. Must obtain a current passport and applicable visa(s) prior to arrival in country. Must maintain a current passport and applicable visa’s in good standing.
Other Essential Functions
* Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of foreign national, government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards.
* Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
* The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
**Primary Location** Bahrain-Bahrain Countrywide-City Not Specified
**Travel** Yes, 10 % of the Time
**Req ID:** I2S0002GS