## Primary Location
**Guest Services Agent**
As a Guest Relations Agent with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, your job is to execute the Service Promise to our Guests through the proper training provided and the Brands’ Service Essentials. In order to deliver on this promise, it all starts with the right attitude and a smile!
**Hotel Overview:** ** **
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of ten food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air including a Mediterraneanand a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
**Summary of Responsibilities:**
Reporting to the Front Office Leadership, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Coordinate with Front Office, Housekeeping and In Room Dining to ensure room preferences are honored so that Arrival, Stay and Departure experience is a seamless experience
* Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, address the guest by name, and listen carefully to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet operating hours, hotel’s lay-out, activities taking place and local attractions.
* Responsible in consolidating guest interview statistics and general comments.
* Conduct guest relations courtesy calls.
* Meet and escort arriving guests ensuring that their needs are satisfied and that they are checked-in in a courteous and efficient manner.
* Contact/Meet Guests during their stay and assist with any needs that arise
* Drive and champion Fairmont President’s Club program
* Conduct regular inspection of rooms and liaise with housekeeping or engineering on deviation from standard set-ups
* Review all Group Resumes, VIP reports, daily business reports
* Perform registration process by obtaining data from guest and by observing the established guidelines
* Resolve guest complaints
* Implement repeat guests and other related programs as well as updating guest profile with pertinent information and general comments.
* Review all Fairmont President’s Club /VIP guest incidents and ensure proper follow up is completed with the relevant departments
* Take ownership in servicing our Fairmont President’s Club members
* Ensures that all Front Office Standards Operating Policies & Procedures are adhered to
* Ensures that preferences are collected for guests regularly
* To support the Concierge or Royal Service agent as required
* Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations which include but are not limited to Front Office policies and Accounting policies.
* To be able to act with initiative, planning for the future and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible.
* Uses Royal Service Manager as the main method of communication throughout the department as required for communication
* Adheres to and executes all job task checklist points.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working
* Be familiar with hotel services and promotions and promote them
* Take and deliver accurate and timely guest messages.
* Respond to queries positively.
* Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
* Other duties as assigned
* Arrives to work, ready to Work.
## Employee Status
* Passion for guest service
* Execellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
* Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
* Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
* Fluency in English, secondary language preferred
* Minimum of 1 year previous Hotel experience is an asset or in same role would be preferable.
* Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests
* Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset
* Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
* Experience with a Hotel loyalty program an asset
* Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
**Physical Aspects of Position:**
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
* On feet (either in standing position or walking) for up to 90% of the shift
* Frequent computer usage throughout the day
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
**Visa Requirements:** Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
**APPLY TODAY**: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
**ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS**
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
*Primary Location:* United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
*Employee Status:* Regular
*Job Level:* Colleague
*Shift:* Rotating / Shift Work
*Closing Date:* 24.Jan.2019, 11:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* PMI01778