Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
This position will be a part of the Financial Reporting Cluster. This position will primarily support the External Reporting function and will be part of Regulatory Reporting. The job would entail one or more of the following activities:
• The incumbent will be responsible for preparation and fillings of various regulatory reports.
• The incumbent may also work on Entity Submissions & Consolidations process through which information for some of the External Reporting / Regulatory Filings is gathered from various entities / markets across AXP. The process involves both preparations, consolidation of entity submissions and regulatory filings.
• The Entity Submissions & Consolidations team provides support for the standard submissions to all the entities / markets and is responsible for review of the submission to ensure completeness, correctness & adherence to timelines.
• Incumbent is expected to understand reporting requirements of various submissions and regulatory reports applicable to different AXP entities.
• Establish required controls and checks to ensure integrity of the information collected/prepared.
• Collaborate with multiple Finance partners across Controllership, Business Unit Finance and other Finance organizations to source information and deliver on customer expectations.
• The incumbent will be expected to quickly gain detailed understanding of inputs, processes, controls, flows, metrics, risks, and outputs of the process area.
• Lead projects aimed at eliminations, automation and rationalization of entity submissions.
• The incumbent will be required to participate in standardization and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives.
• The incumbent would be required to consistently understand and exceed customer’s requirements whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times, should be a problem solver and have ability to questions status quo.
• The incumbent should be able to maintain high accuracy and productivity standards.
• The incumbent shall ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes handled by the team
• The incumbent shall be required, among other things, to maintain close contact with customer / business partners, and other interface groups
• Incumbent should have people leading abilities and should have ability to influence without authority
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• The incumbent should either be Chartered Accountant / an MBA from premier institute with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience.
• Should have problem solving, planning and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
• Should be self-driven and have eye for detail.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact independently with senior business partners / customers etc.
• Reporting and analysis experience will be an advantage. Experience in regulatory reporting or SEC reporting will be preferred.
• Familiarity with US GAAP and financial accounting experience is preferred.
• For an internal candidate, knowledge of company policies, businesses, Finance processes and systems is desirable
• Must be proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Should have strong results orientation, project management, collaboration and co-ordination abilities.
**Title:** *Financial Analysis Manager*
**Requisition ID:** *18020359*