Microsoft Services mission is to lead and serve our customers and partners as they realize their full potential in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. We are a diverse group of technical architects, engineers, consultants and support professionals, more than 21,000 strong, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. We drive over $5B in revenue annually.
Services continues to be the key differentiator in accelerating a customer’s transformation ensuring they get the most out of their technology investments. In order to support Microsoft’s transformation, we must continue to evolve what we sell, how we sell, how we deliver, how we operate, and how we drive consumption for the company.
The Services Quality Assurance team (SQA) is responsible for establishing and implementing standards for services business practices from both an operational and project engagement perspective. Within this workgroup are transactional portfolio specialists focusing on business practices in both Lead-to-Order (L2O) and Order-to-Cash (O2C) process areas of Microsoft Services activities. The SQA staff play a critical role in these processes ensuring adherence to the Common Operating Model and act as a leadership governance focal point in cross capabilities activities.
The SQA Lead is a key role in the lifecycle management of Microsoft’s Services engagements. Working very closely with local sales, pursuit, delivery and support teams, the SQA Lead will support deal opportunities from qualification to signed contract and work closely with the delivery team from initiation to close of the project.
The SQA Lead is involved in teams and meetings at every level of the organization and is the quality focus point for the field teams.
**Manage quality assurance in transactions**
• Interact with Microsoft Services leadership in EMEA and in HQ (Seattle, Washington) on complex opportunities.
• Guide and quality review complex and high-risk Microsoft Services consulting and Support deals.
• Manage and monitor quality during project delivery in close cooperation with the delivery team, capture and provide feedback for best practices.
• Participate in initiatives leading to the continuous improvement of Microsoft Services practices within both the L2O and O2C processes.
• Support the provision of insight into the performance of the business and quality of Microsoft’s deal proposals and project deliveries.
We are looking for someone with experience with multi-million-dollar Digital Transformation opportunities and reviewing complex projects in delivery within EMEA. You will need to read and speak Fluent English and demonstrate a proven track record in deal management and delivery monitoring. Additional experience in complex project management along with delivery review, P&L management, financial reporting and budget planning is essential.
You’ll be experienced in establishing strong and trusted relationships at C-level with a solid understanding of IT project governance, contract development, negotiations and vendor management.
**Quality monitoring, analysis and business maturity**
• Manage and monitor overall quality during sales, delivery and operations in close cooperation with the local/area teams.
• Identify and capture good practices and make those available as business insights within the quality community and local/area management.
• Communicate with and support SQA Directors, Services Sellers, Delivery Managers and Project Managers.
• Identify quality issues and root causes, identify corrective actions and drive to resolution in close coordination with the SQA Directors.
• Develop and maintain quality reports and provide on a regular basis through sales/delivery rhythm of the business (ROB).
• Drive consistency, adoption and integration of quality standards within Microsoft’s processes, policies and systems, as well as support their creation.
Community and Collaboration
• Actively participate in the quality, risk and delivery communities and associated initiatives.
• Assist in developing and streamlining Quality review process and practices.
• Participate and contribute to global programs as subject matter expert where required.
**Knowledge, Skills and Abilities**
o Cross-boundary collaboration and inter-personal awareness
o Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as presentation skills
o Fluent in written and spoken English
Work related experience
o Professional services practice management
o Proposal/Bid management
o Services Project (and financial) Management
o Analysis and review of technical and commercial documentation
Skills and abilities
o Analytical problem solving
o Building customer/partner relations
o Impact, influence and ability to deal with ambiguity
o Strategic insights
o Negotiation and conflict management
o Attention to details
o Self-motivation and ability to work independently
o Strong organization and prioritization skills
o Familiarity with Microsoft Services Offering and Value Selling
o Knowledge of Microsoft internal processes and policies (e.g. ESAP, NWS, eCIF, etc.)
o Experience with Microsoft Delivery Methodology (e.g. SureStep, OSL, MSF, Scrum, etc.)
o Understanding of Microsoft product and technology portfolio
Must have a degree in business, IT or related qualifications with at least 5 years in quality / risk management experience. Quality certification expertise (e,g, ISO, CMMI, Six Sigma) preferred.
PMP (PMI) certification preferred.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel within EMEA (and occasionally USA) for quality audits, coaching and connecting with local/area management (approximately 1 week per month).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.