This role reports into the Engineering Support Manager. The post holder will primarily be responsible for design, creation and maintenance of drawings and providing technical support. This particular role will focus mainly on design and drawing creation for jigs, fixtures and special tools which are required to satisfy in house manufacturing and test activities and, on occasion, to assist with external jig, fixture and tool demands.
Duties will include:
* Producing quality designs for jigs, fixtures and special tools as required by manufacturing.
* Preparing and maintaining manufacturing drawings for all jigs, fixtures and tools.
* Providing general technical support to in-house issues during manufacture and test.
* Creating effective solutions for equipment repair and refurbishment.
* Providing technical support and design/drawing capability in support of service team activities.
* Occasionally providing design/drawing capability for the design team to ease capacity demands and overloads.
* Configuration control of drawing sets
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
* BSc or BEng in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC (or equivalent experience).
* Experience with solid modelling design tools and structural analysis using finite element modelling.
* A flair for problem solving, innovation and a flexible approach to work activities.
* A track record of creating high quality production drawings.
* Competency with using Microsoft Office packages.
The post holder must satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements