We are recruiting for a Deputy Manager to join a fantastic residential service for children and young people with disabilities. The role is based in Newcastle Under Lyne and within easy commute of Stoke, Stafford & Birmingham.
Our client is an established provider of Residential Childcare with a proven record of creating home environments that exceed children’s needs. They facilitate children in their care to express their characters, establish their independence and become their own person.
As a Deputy Manager you will be making a huge difference to lives of children with disabilities and those who have suffered trauma and abuse.
The role includes:
* Oversee the day to day management of the home in absence of the Registered Manager
* Providing leadership and guidance to assist the development of staff through supervisions as required by the Quality Standards
* Work closely with the Registered Manager to ensure the service maintains excellent standards
* Ensure training requirements for all staff are in line with their personal development plans
* Assist the Registered Manager to monitor expenditure and operate financial systems correctly
Whilst the role has its challenges, the results you will see from the children you work with offer incomparable job satisfaction. Could this be you?
You must be at least 23 years of age and have the following:
· 2 Years residential experience working with young people
· Full driving license with access to own transport
· Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People / Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
If you meet the above specification then please get in touch ASAP, the successful applicant will be rewarded with:
· Market leading rates of pay with additional over time & sleep-in enhancements
· Opportunity to complete the Level 5 Management Diploma and progress as Registered Manager
· Flexible working hours
· 28 days holiday per year
· Minimum 2% pension contributions
· Nursery Tax Credits / Childcare Vouchers
· Extensive in-house training
If this could be you, please don’t hesitate and apply immediately!! The successful applicant will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check