Our client’s suite of solutions has stringent requirements in terms of availability and endurance. It is used in the high-end commercial sector, and therefore deficiencies in the web based software can be extremely costly, putting added importance on our Managed Services department. The Deployment Specialist is expected to understand all aspects of our client solutions and be able to meticulously exercise them and verify their correctness. He or she is also expected to be a diligent and organized worker who is comfortable following documented procedures and documenting concise new procedures as well.
– Building and maintaining positive relationships with client account stakeholders;
– Administrative and organizational support including preparation of internal status reports, project plans and deliverable schedules;
– Gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements;
– Responsible for leading the implementation (cross-functional coordination, planning, and execution) of all assigned licensee production enhancements/incorrect functionalities;
– Responsible for ensuring assigned licensee production enhancements/incorrect functionalities are delivered per the agreed timelines;
– Coordinating internal trafficking / timeline management of project work between various departments;
– Preparing client-facing and internal documentation such as scorecards, client facing solution description documents, release notes and training material;
– Providing detailed technical client and account support; and
– Incorporating and managing client critical processes into Oceanwide delivery processes where required.
– Good technical knowledge of web based applications (Java) in a production environment
– At least three years of experience in UNIX environments (Linux, Debian, RedHat)
– Sound knowledge of SQL technology for processing several databases would be ideal
– Experience with script languages
– Experience with automation tools
– Sound knowledge of Java Servlets, Web Containers, and their respective deployment & management
– JVM debugging, optimization, and tuning.
– Undergraduate degree or equivalent in IT
– Excellent communication skills in English (spoken) and French (spoken and written)
– Team spirit, open-mindedness and flexibility
– Ability to quickly learn complex systems and concepts
– Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
– Desire to work in an environment where activities take place at a very rapid pace
– Concern for work well done and respect of schedules
– Experience with tools such as Chef, Puppet or the like.
Refer a friend