## Primary Location
**Chef de Cuisine**
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Chef de Cuisine, you will manage this dynamic department with flair, engaging your team and inspiring a complement of truly spectacular menu offerings.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
**Summary of Responsibilities:**
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
* Conduct daily shift briefings to Kitchen Colleagues
* Manage inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and the issuing of supplies and equipment for food production
* Cost menus accurately
* Ensure all Kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
* Liaise daily with the Outlet Manager to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
* Maintain and enhance the food products through creative menu development and presentation
* Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers
* Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
* Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
* Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
* Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
* Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
* Other duties as assigned
## Employee Status
* Previous leadership experience in the Culinary field required.
* Banquets experience is a must
* Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent preferred
* Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
* Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
**Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): **** **
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
**APPLY TODAY**: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
**ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS**
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
*Primary Location:* United Arab Emirates-Ajman-The Fairmont Ajman
*Employee Status:* Regular
*Job Level:* Management / Supervisory
*Shift:* Rotating / Shift Work
*Closing Date:* 09.Jan.2019, 11:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* AJM01019