Our client’s online Marketing team is a fast paced and dynamic team responsible for optimizing and delivering all marketing and take-to-market activities. Their people are empowered to make big things happen and are supported by growth, training and personal development opportunities. Being at the forefront of strategy, planning and execution, they are always in need of talented people who like to get things done. You will have a chance to partner with other like minded high energy professionals that are passionate about contributing to the goal of being recognized by customers as North America’s leading social media network.
The Business Intelligence Team provides reporting and analytical insight to Marketing, Sales, and Service organizations to support day-to-day operations and strategic planning. The team plays an integral role in decision-making at multiple levels of management through complex analyses, predictive modeling, data definition and standardization, data mining, reporting, as well as sourcing external data from 3rd party relationships.
This is a terrific opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to a dynamic and successful BI team that will continue to help transform the organization in driving out one of the most significant strategic mandates. This is a small tight-knit team. So, being a team player is all the more important in this case.
* Manage incoming analytics and reporting requests and engage stakeholders to understand the underlying business problem, base assumptions and desired outcomes
* Qualify requirements as ad hoc or recurring performance indicators and build solution accordingly
* Design SQL queries while manipulating Excel tables in order to extract data and generate statistical information
* Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities to apply new BI insights
* Deliver outputs within agreed-upon timelines
* Design & analyze A/B tests with the goal of driving measurable improvements
* Present key findings to management teams and business stakeholders
* Identify opportunities to improve delivery of BI insights to business stakeholders
* Enforce standards around documentation and overall quality of deliverables
* Act as steward for standards around data model, data dictionary and implementation of business rules and definitions
* Rationalize new data requirements to avoid data duplication
* Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business, BI, IT, CS, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics and/or related fields
* 2+ years experience in BI, analytics or related disciplines
* Excellent written and oral communicator with a demonstrable history of developing strong partnerships and cross-team collaboration
* Strong business acumen, with an appreciation for the need to quickly execute in an ever-evolving competitive environment
* Solid MS Excel (macros, pivot tables, and charting)
* Strong knowledge of SQL
* Strong web analytics methodologies experience (MVT testing)
* Ability to negotiate and influence others
* Proven project management and change management skills
* Strong A/B testing experience
* Exposure to distributed tools like Hive, Hadoop or the like.
* Knowledge of setting up ETL workflows and star schemas.
Refer a friend