American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide – combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities – enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
This position will be part of the Global Commercial Payments (GCP), Operational Excellence team. As part of First Line of Defense, the candidate will be responsible for Regulatory Business Seft Testing in line with established RBST tests. He/She will also assist in design, implementation and assessment of operational risks consistent with our company’s risk appetite. Responsibilities include:
• Perform regulatory Business Self Testing for teams across GCP in line with the established procedures
• Compliance and Quality checks include testing, remediation, trending analysis and close collaboration with business teams in improving their compliance performance.
• Generate insights and conclusions from data. They should be self-motivated and able to thrive in an environment with ad-hoc requests and shifts in direction.
Participate in standardization and continuous improvement in the testing procedures
•Consistently understand and interpret testing requirements
•Be able to provide sound judgment when undertaking testing and also be able to interpret the results and provide analysis
•Be able to support communication to the regional testing and business teams
• Be able to maintain a high level of accuracy, productivity standards and should have a high willingness to learn
– Basic knowledge of operational risk concepts and programs, balanced with the ability to drive assessment of risks against effective controls and tests
– Individual with working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, RBST policies procedures and manuals will be given preference
Note: This position is NOT similar to Technology testing
Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of experience in privacy, data protection, information technology, or privacy compliance Banking or other regulatory experience preferred. (Technical background not mandatory).
•Good hands on experience on MS-Excel & PowerPoint
•Excellent problem solving skills (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of recommendations)
•Strong verbal & written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams
•Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to think through all aspects of problems and generate possible courses of action
•Proven track record in driving results; ability to coordinate and prioritize concurrent activities within a deadline-driven climate
•Strong Interpersonal & Project Management Skills. Candidate should be good on Multitasking and Time management
•Proven robust problem solving skills
•Ability to build relationships, mobilize cross functional teams and leverage authority in a highly matrixed organization that has a presence across the globe
•Knowledge of Amex business & systems is an advantage
• Knowledge of foreign Language (e.g. Spanish, Italian, French etc.) is an advantage
**Title:** *Business Analytics I*
**Requisition ID:** *18020283*