Summary of position:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
We have assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide
We operate in more than 100 markets.
We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Wealth Management, and corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions!|!Principal Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced operations professional at an Associate level to work in the reporting team within AM Operations, India. Responsibilities include:
· Responsibility for the preparation of daily, monthly, and quarterly summary reports for key Americas/EMEA/Asia regulators, exchanges and other stakeholders (internal/external).
· Supervise the daily work in the team, ensuring the functions has proper coverage, escalating any concerns to management.
· Championing an effective escalation process and practice within the team, including thorough analysis of issues, preparation of incident report, and recommendation of corrective and preventive actions.
· Reviewing and enhancing process, procedure, checklists and reports to ensure they are current and accurate.
· Develop solid working relationship with many other areas of the firm including front office, technology, legal, compliance and ops team.
· Providing team level project mgmt. leadership/support to all initiatives.
· Work to help centralize relevant regulatory reporting activities across operations, demonstrating willingness to learn and perform task
· Manage training and handover of production responsibilities including BCP arrangements and oversight control
· Participate in other initiatives from AM Ops perspective to achieve overall AM Ops strategic goals.
Experience with regulatory reporting, particularly from an operations perspective will be greatly valued.
Required: skills and personal attributes include:
· Strong understanding of financial products (FI, currency, SWAPs, and/or Equities products)
· Good understanding of regulatory framework and practice, regulators, SROs and financial products
· A detailed orientation with an ability to connect with the regulatory risk concerns of the AM Ops
· Ability to work quickly and accurately in fast passed environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to provide concise team communication and management updates
· Excellent computer skills – Advanced Excel, Access, power-point, word etc.