The Retail IT Support Analyst will work closely with the Retail Project Manager and the Retail IT and business teams on technology issues, support, and development projects.
The successful candidate will require an understanding of retail business, an aptitude for working with applications/systems, and the ability to diagnosis and resolve technical issues/events/problems.
In this role you will primarily support implemented solutions with an opportunity to be involved in new Retail SaaS system implementation.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
– Understand the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple retail applications, hardware, and/or software. Execute and enforce best practices.
– Contribute to new and existing software installations and support.
– Provide technical support of systems and applications to stores, events, and business users. Troubleshoot issues and identify and resolve root cause.
– Create and maintain SQL queries/reports.
– Embrace and learn new technologies, tools and platforms; champion the use of new technologies when appropriate.
Be aware of industry and technology trends.
– Perform some technical analyst functions such as package evaluation and recommendation, requirements analysis, and documentation and flowchart creation to describe business processes and system flows.
– Provide frequent and meaningful information to management on the status of assigned tasks and project risks and issues.
– Requires a BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience and 3-5 relevant experience.
– Experience working with and supporting retail systems such as POS and other in-store technology and hardware is required.
– Experience with retail business user tools such as MicrosRetail.
– Must have strong knowledge of SQL.
– Database knowledge / experience is preferred (Oracle).
– Must exhibit creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to stay calm under pressure in a production support role.
– Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
– Must be customer service oriented with strong follow up skills.
Refer a friend