**Internal/External Vacancy Announcement **
**Title: AYSRH Program Officer**
**Program: EngenderHealth Ethiopia**
**Reports to: Regional Program Team leader (Project Director)**
**Duty Station: Addis Ababa **
AYSRH Program Officer under the supervision of the Regional Program Team Leader/Project Director will be responsible for providing management and technical assistance in day to day implementation of EngenderHealth supported program/projects particularly for SIDA “A Rights Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR” project in Addis Ababa. AYSRH Program Officer will be primarily responsible for ensuring the achievement of specific project goal and objectives by empowering young women and men as “right holders” to demand SRHR while service providers and educators will be strengthened as the “duty bearers” to create an enabling environment for young people to exercise these rights in his assigned geographic area. The Officer is expected to carryout routine activity planning and implementation of filed level activities; coordinate and monitor/supervise timely implementation of program/project activities at project implementation area. He/She will be responsible for organizing and facilitating trainings, conduct skill enhancing supportive supervision (e.g., training follow up/ technical support) to the project supported government partners such as health care providers, schoolteachers, law enforcement bodies, and other providers on a regular basis to monitor project progress. He/She will assist in the preparation of quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports to the country office, Addis Ababa city administration health and education bureau’s, and BoFED.
**_Detail duties and responsibilities_**
* Participates in the overall project design, planning, launching and assist in coordinating assessments, trainings, review meetings and monitoring.
* Provides over all assistance in the development of detail regional implementation annual, periodic plans and budgets specifically for SIDA “A Rights Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR” project.
* Ensures active engagement of target groups in project design, planning and execution
* Assists in the redesign, adaptation and roll out of education and awareness activities and training tools for in school and in the night school program, teachers and health care providers
* Ensures that partners get the required material and technical assistance and training support as per plan and ensure that any outstanding issues are dealt with swiftly and effectively following the identification of bottlenecks.
* Organizes and assists trainings on counseling and interpersonal communication for adolescent, Aflateen youth in charge (AYiC), comprehensive contraceptive, comprehensive abortion care training and gender-related training for health care providers
* Conducts with other technical staffs and counterparts advocacy sessions with policy implementers and influencers to destigmatize SRH rights
* Conducts skill enhancing supportive supervision (e.g., training follow up/ technical support) to the project supported government partners such as health care providers, schoolteachers, law enforcement bodies, and other providers on a regular basis to monitor project progress
* Assists in the establishment of safe space and ensure the role out in the school curriculum
* Assists in the monitoring the activity of SIDA project sub awards and provide necessary guidance and technical assistance including support to sites and partners
* Assists in establishing/strengthening partnership and enhancing collaboration among local level stakeholders in the region.
* Identifies with other technical staff and counterparts lessons learned and potential best practices, participate in the documentation and dissemination of best practices that can improve the quality of SRH services to adolescent and youth in the target areas.
* Participates actively in identifying, carrying out potential operational research and generate evidence that can improve the quality of SRH services to adolescent and youth in the target areas.
* Assists in the preparation of quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports to the country office, Addis Ababa city administration health and education Bureau’s and BoFED.
* Ensures the proper implementation of project activities and monitor progress regularly with periodic supervision and review meetings in coordination with project implementing partners and beneficiaries.
* Encourages good practice by promoting and championing the child protection policy and procedures and respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child or vulnerable person.
* Carries out other EngenderHealth assignments as may be required and as directed by the project director, technical advisors and mangers at the country office.
* MPH or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Nursing with minimum of 5 years’ experience
* Commendable experience in designing, overseeing, and implementing in AYSRH projects in schools and health service delivery and preferably in NGO.
* Demonstrated technical expertise in AYSRH particularly with training and strategies.
* Experience with and understanding of the different levels of education and health bureau’s system
* Demonstrated experience to effectively provide technical assistance, competency-based and gender-related trainings to counterparts in school, out of school, teachers and health care providers.
* Must demonstrate strong interest, passion and commitment to work with adolescent and youth
* Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus-building skills
* Demonstrable experience of working effectively safeguarding children and vulnerable populations.
**Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the position**
**_EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws_**
**_EngenderHealth is committed to ensuring that its activities do not put vulnerable populations and children at risk and will put measures into place to mitigate this risk. _**
*Job Code:* 1420
*# of openings:* 1