Applies skill in the maintenance of production equipment to ensure ongoing optimum performance, in compliance in EHS and other applicable quality and regulatory guidelines.
• Perform both scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance routines on a limited span of equipment to avoid program down time.
• Check for failures in equipment and perform corrective actions to affected areas that have down time.
• Review, follow and perform check list actions for all equipment in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs and enters information into appropriate system.
• On time arrival to work, regular attendance without excessive absenteeism, and working a full 8 hour or longer work period
• Other incidental duties (e.g. occasional photo copying or deliveries)
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent in completed trade school program in electric, mechanical, and/or electronics, including internshipNo previous related experience Required
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, comprehend and speak English
• Basic computer skills and aptitude to learn computer systems
• Moderate knowledge of routine preventive maintenance of facilities equipment (included but no limited to: air compressors, air handlers, Chillers, air conditioner units).
• General refrigeration, electricity, plumber knowledge.
• General knowledge of PLC and electromechanical control systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing and Good Documentation Practices supporting a medical device environment
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan – it’s our life’s work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.