To bridge from CAD Technologist to Designer role. Introduction to Design to create new basic designs utilizing software or applications in collaboration with Engineering.
• Process Engineering Change Requests (ECR) including describing changes and providing corresponding technical justification; checking completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications; and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning and notes necessary to present design proposals
• Create new designs utilizing parametric solid modeling software or applications to develop basic data, assemblies and detailed parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures
• Design basic fixtures or products, incorporating ease of manufacturing, safety, performance, and reliability; and selecting equipment and materials. Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, including redline reviews
• May assist in implementing new processes and methods in collaboration with Engineering
• Assist in creating presentations for internal and external functions to secure consensus on the design viability and functionality
Education and Experience:
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan – it’s our life’s work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.