PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
EWe have a new vacancy for*Project Manager/Senior Project Manager*in our*Hematology/Oncolog*y Team in Western Europe.
PPD’s Project Management department is a global team organized by therapeutic area. We partner directly with our clients to deliver projects from study start-up through close-out activities. In Project Management, you will oversee the delivery of PPD groups collaborating to support our clients. In short, you are a crucial piece in earning the trust of our clients.
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for the overall management and successful delivery of the clinical study from start-up through close-out activities. You often work globally, with multi-functional leads to anticipate problems, find solutions and deliver results. You lead the collaboration that shows our clients we are one team focused on our purpose, mission, and strategy.
This position is responsible for directing and leading the activities in the Hematology/Oncology therapeutic area within and accountable for the P&L of a specific projects. Develops and drives the specific and overall therapeutic area strategies to ensure optimum performance and achievement of annual plans and targets. Has overall responsibility for instigating and leading change initiatives within the therapeutic area and works with peers of Hematology/Oncology in the overall leadership of the Project Management group.
*Education and Experience:*
* Bachelor’s degree or licensed certified health care training;
* Demonstrated track record of success in clinical development (equivalent to 7 years) and in leading and developing professional staff in a project led environment;
* In depth understanding and experience with budgeting, forecasting and resource management within the Hematology/Oncology area;
* Experience using project management software;
* Valid Passport, where appropriate;
/Or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities./
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management (Time, Quality, Cost);
* Solid financial acumen;
* Applies a range of negotiation techniques to achieve desired outcomes with evidence of commercial and organizational acumen;
* Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, written) and can communicate in English language (oral, written);
* Sound interpersonal skills, is flexible and adapts to changing situations;
* Has the ability to persuade, convince, and influence or impress others;
* Is organized, proficient at multi-tasking with good attention to detail;
* Able to lead, motivate and coordinate teams. Coach/mentor team members as appropriate;
* Able to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members;
* Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.;
* Possesses cross cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately;
* Has an understanding and appreciation of clinical research/development, including medical and therapeutic areas, phases and medical terminology; Has knowledge/understanding of clinical development guidelines and Directives.
Has experience with leading, liaising and coordinating cross-functional project teams; At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
– We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing -We are one PPD –
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date: Friday 14th August 2020
**Job:** **Project Management*
**Title:** *Project/Senior Project Manager, Hematology/Oncology (Western Europe)*
**Location:** *GB-GB-Cambridge-Cambridge GB Granta Park1*
**Requisition ID:** *170128*
**Other Locations:** *DE-Germany, ES-Spain, GB-GB-Winchester-Winchester GB 1-2 Crown Walk, GB-GB-Bellshill-Bellshill GB Fleming House 1, FR-France, IE-Ireland, BE-Belgium, IT-Italy, PT-Portugal, NL-Netherlands*
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group