PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As a*Project Manager*you will manage all aspects of study programs, while collaborating with diverse teams.
*Summarized Purpose: *
Monitors and manages all aspects of designated clinical trial protocols in Global Central Labs and is accountable for overall project performance and client’s satisfaction by meeting their needs and expectations through the life cycle of the assigned clinical trials. Provides internal consulting on project management issues and identifies opportunities for process and efficiency improvement. Acts as chief liaison to the operational personnel of major sponsors and is responsible for large study programs. Prepares and maintains process documents and acts as a back-up for the (Associate) Director PM, when needed. Mentors Project Managers.
* Provides oversight and coordination of study initiation. Reviews, interprets, translates and programs study protocols into a complete and accurate database. Communicates with internal departments and external vendors and ensure the project requirements are understood, agreed and followed at all times. Facilitates the flow of technical and clinical laboratory information to all stakeholders (investigational sites, sponsors, and non-technical personnel). Consults and utilizes, where appropriate, the scientific input of laboratory management and technical staff to assist the client with management of the clinical trial.
* Prepares the study specifications documents and follows the preparation according to budgets and contracts. Maintains at all times an updated study master file with version controls for specs, budgets and contracts. Ensures sponsors have authorized and signed off most recent versions of all docs and that a contract exists prior to deliver any services. Assures compliance with FDA and Good Clinical Practice guidelines, PPD SOP’s, personnel policies and procedures, PPD Exposure Control Plan, IATA, and other regulations regarding the transport of biological specimens.
* During initial review of protocol, consults with internal groups and support staff regarding procedural and budgetary items and the necessity for change due to any subsequent protocol amendments. Obtains other functions’ commitment to close gaps and address issues timely and effectively. Serves as chief liaison between sponsor and all PPD internal departments performing the required tasks during all study phases. Educates Investigator sites by delivering a protocol specific lab procedures presentation and demonstration during an investigator meeting. Controls, manages and follows day to day activities during the course of the clinical trial to resolve any issues and answer queries
* Actively consults with IT and data management development groups in the design, validation and implementation of new software and functionalities pertinent to project management activities.
* Consults with BD and finance staff during initial project documentation review on standard services and costs, supporting RFP feasibility assessments. Advises on possible solutions if needed. Drafts responses for proposals.
* Guides and supports work flow of Projects Managers and Set-up Administrators with special attention to training junior personnel. Performs as a mentor and trainer for (newly assigned) Project Managers, identifies areas for development and efficiencies in performing tasks. Authors, reviews, revises and implements relevant procedural documents. Serves as a back-up for the (Associate) Director PM, when needed.
*Education and Experience: *
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
* Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills
* Competent with specific computers and enterprise applications, including office productivity
* Ability to program the IT system according to protocol requirements
* Proven analytical skills
* Demonstrated compliance with procedures and policies
* Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a stressful environment
* Extensive knowledge and experience in Project Management in Global Central Lab environment
* Strong client relationship management skills
* Ability to work effectively with multi-level teams
/PPD Defining Principles: /
/- We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing – We are one PPD – /
/If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you/
**Job:** **Project Management*
**Title:** *Project Manager – Labs*
**Location:** *BE-BE-Zaventem-Zaventem BE Cluster Pk*
**Requisition ID:** *172323*
**Other Locations:** *GB-GB-Bellshill-Bellshill GB Fleming House 1, GB-GB-Cambridge-Cambridge GB Granta Park1*
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group