CooperVision®, Inc., a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges; such as astigmatism, presbyopia and ocular dryness; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available.
Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, thereby creating real advantages for customers and wearers.
From our extensive network of facilities in 12 countries across five continents, CooperVision distributes high-quality lenses virtually everywhere contact lenses are worn.
Job Title: Process Engineer
Department : Engineering
SHIFT: Day – 37 hours per week
WORKING PATTERN: Monday to Friday
Responsible for the investigation, get the best use of the infrastructure, development and delivery of advanced automation technology. Introducing new or improving existing equipment and processes to reduce costs, improve quality, increase capacity, to support the business requirements of Distribution Operations. Provide high level technical expertise to the business from the onset of project initiation through post implementation. Overseeing project budget and timeline, securing necessary resources and driving projects to completion. Organizes and oversees the collection and analysis of pertinent data. Leads and participates in process validations to assure compliance with company specifications to include internal quality systems and external regulations (MDSAP). Provides input to management to support the development and application of current/new business processes.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities
Appraise, specify, develop, commission and test new and existing production automated systems and equipment
Lead the selection of automated equipment, vendors and development of the best vendors to meet business requirements
Lead, deliver and implement new technology projects that meet time, cost and quality targets, delivering new, validated, robust and commercially beneficial processes
Design, develop with vendors, and supervise all aspects of process control systems, equipment, and machinery
Support of Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) based hardware and software
Conduct equipment and process safety compliance assessments, appraisals, capability studies and validation/verification programs in accordance with MDSAP and medical device regulatory requirements and provide significant technical contribution to projects
Is recognized internally as an advanced practitioner of their technical skills and a good team player
Manages projects of high complexity, including budgets and resources (internal and external), if appropriate
Participate in global multi-functional project teams as an expert/module leader to ensure the effective delivery of business objectives
Leads equipment purchases and redesigns, including developing User Requirements Specifications (URS), conducting Factory and Site Acceptance Testing (FAT and SAT), and coordinating activities with vendors
Leads engineering changes, writes Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), and documents changes appropriately in eQMS system in collaboration with QA team
If necessary, approval and management for all regulatory documentation, such as qualification protocols and specifications.
Reports on projects to EHS & Facility & maintenance Manager and project team involved
Share and adhere to Lean philosophy et collaborate with Lean department to Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to projects, processes and procedures to maximize equipment reliability and efficiency
Assists when necessary in investigating instances of nonconformance and facilitates the determination of root cause and corrective/preventative action
Develops SOP’s, work instructions, and other quick reference material as needed
Work in active collaboration with maintenance team and support maintenance activities when necessary
Interact positively with the WMS team to perform the ongoing projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Technical Skills
• Excellent understanding of distribution environments and equipment testing
• Ability to apply sound problem-solving skills using technical risk assessment and analytical skills
• Solid Works or/and AutoCAD knowledge is an asset
• Knowledge of motion control, robotics, bar code readers
• Linux, Visual Studio, and Visual Basic knowledge is an asset
• Knowledge of MDSAP/medical packaging regulations and protocols is preferred
• Knowledge with multiple automation system platforms including PLC, SCADA and other applicable systems is an asset
• Fluent in French and English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of organization
• Able to work without supervision.
Strong planning and decision-making capabilities
• Sensitized and able to promote EHS culture
• Excellent written, presentation and verbal communications skills
• Intrinsically motivated and pro-active in the searching and awareness of new technology
• Ability to work closely and effectively with other company disciplines as well as outside vendors and organizations to achieve company goals
Work Environment: • Normal warehouse and office environment.
• Flexibility with working hours.
• Availability for international travel punctually
Experience: • 2-3 years of experience as an Engineer in an operational environment
• Background in mechanics, electricity, automation, distribution methods, and ideally with printing and verification processes
• Project management experience in machinery
• Experience in distribution/logistics environment is preferred
• Automated manufacturing technology experience is an asset
Education: • Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
Reviewed By: Date:
Approved By: Date:
Human Resources: Date:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. CooperVision, Inc. reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
**Title:** *Process Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *LIE0229*