PPD is a leading global contract research organization (CRO) providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 48 countries and more than 21,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development and optimize value in delivering life-changing therapies to improve health.
PPD is currently recruiting for a*Lab Manager, Operations*to join our Central Laboratory in Zaventem, Brussels.
Supervises and assists group leaders, scientists, and medical technologists in laboratory operations with tasks such as scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues. Plans, directs and implements improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory. Assists the division director in strategic planning, business development and expansion initiatives.
• Interacts with clients and business development on requests for proposals and project definition. Prepares, reviews and approves bids and proposals, scope of work and pricing. Negotiates with clients on timelines and pricing.
• Manages/directs work responsibilities of group leaders as well as prioritize talks and resources.
• Reviews data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Reviews and approves laboratory investigation, deviations, and QA facility and data audits. Leads client and regulatory audits.
• Prepares and updates revenue projection reports, reviews Partner and timesheet reports for revenue recognition and billing, evaluates resource utilization reports and project profitability.
• Reviews and approves study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project related technical documentation.
• Assists in technical sales and marketing, prepares technical marketing materials, and participates in poster and podium presentations in technical conferences.
• Assists upper management in strategic planning, budgeting, new capabilities development and other responsibilities.
• Prepares and implements PPD SOPs and company operational policies. Ensures adherence and makes recommendations to quality system improvements.
*Education and Experience: *
•Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
•OR 5 years of management responsibility and Proven leadership skills
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
• Full understanding of laboratory requirements, PPD and client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
• Proven technical troubleshooting analytical instrumentation and problem solving abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Project and time management skills
• Ability to implement quality systems and process improvements
• Ability to provide guidance to clients on analytical issues and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
• Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
• Demonstrated strategic planning skills
• Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results
/We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing -We are one PPD – /
/If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you. /
**Title:** *Manager, Lab Operations*
**Location:** *BE-BE-Zaventem-Zaventem BE Cluster Pk*
**Requisition ID:** *172552*
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group