TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Student in final year of Master’s degree (data oriented subject like economics, marketing, statistics…)
• Interest in customer research and market intelligence with a good affinity for automotive
• Good knowledge of data/reporting tools (Excel, PowerPoint) – SPSS is an asset
• Any knowledge of quantitative/qualitative market research is an asset but not essential
• Highly developed ability to be critical with facts and figures
• Quality driven
• Ability to plan your work according to deadlines
• Flexible team player with hands-on mentality
• Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
+ wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
+ seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
+ have strong planning and organizing skills
+ enjoy working in a team, respecting others
+ have excellent communication skills
+ customer mindset
Market Intelligence Department (MID) is responsible for market research and provides market data/analysis to support different divisions across Toyota Motor Europe. MID’s mission is to support in researching & understanding customers’ expectations & needs for their mobility. MID adds value in decision making processes & guides the strategy through the creation of insightful information.
As an Intern in MID you will work with both Brand research and Product research team, dealing with diverse strategic topics such as brand equity and image, market segmentation, trends analysis etc.
You will be actively involved in the coordination and the reporting of surveys and assist in the set-up of ad-hoc projects with an international scope.
• You work with various survey data sources and produce the tables needed to answer the internal clients’ requests
• You prepare all the materials/logistics needed in order to get the surveys conducted
• You manage the day-to-day follow-up with the suppliers and internal TME clients
• You prepare reports with analysis and recommendations in-line with the objectives and in a visually attractive way.
• You contribute to the communication of the research results
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe HO Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: September/October 2020
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)
Job ID: 2020-2753
External Company URL: https://www.toyota-europe.com/
Address Line 1: Bourgetlaan/Avenue du Bourget 60