Janssen Research & Development seeks to drive innovation and deliver transformational medicines to address and solve unmet medical needs through the development of small and large molecules, as well as vaccines.
Small Molecules Product Development, the CMC organization within Janssen research & Development, is employing several hundreds of scientific researchers and specialized technicians at its site in Beerse, Belgium. Within this CMC organization, the API Process R&D group generates creative and innovative ways towards new synthetic routes and solutions that enable large scale manufacturing of target active pharmaceutical ingredients (API’s). Process chemists and engineers team up with analysts, crystallization and safety guides to design the best manufacturing process. These cross functional teams work closely together with the pilot plants and bridge with commercial production.
New chemical processes are developed meeting stringent requirements concerning safety, environment, technology, economy and quality. As a result of these endeavors, drug candidates are accelerated through the development pipeline by enabling sufficient supplies of active ingredient in support of clinical trials, registration and finally commercialization.
In order to support a growing portfolio of oligonucleotide API’s in the Janssen pipeline, we are currently looking for an oligonucleotide expert to strengthen our process chemistry teams working on these modalities.
Contribute to the further strengthening of our newly established Oligonucleotide Center of Excellence (CoE):
• Broaden the CoE’s knowledge base on solid supported synthesis and downstream processes in the manufacturing of oligonucleotides
• Evaluate and implement new production methods and techniques for oligonucleotides from gram to kilogram scale.
• Plan, lead and contribute to the execution of experimentation in oligonucleotide manufacturing process R&D. Transfer processes and oversee production campaigns within our network of manufacturing sites.
• Closely collaborate with our supply chain organization and procurement to lead external collaborations with both CRO and CMO’s active in the oligonucleotide manufacturing.
• Represent Janssen at scientific fora, remain and build a network in both industry and academia active in oligonucleotide research.
• You have a Ph.D. degree in chemistry, biochemistry or engineering with 5+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
• You are able to work independently in both planning and executing experiments. You have experience in (bio)chemical synthesis of oligonucleotides in an industrial setting. You have knowledge of modern technologies in oligonucleotides and nucleic acid chemistry.
• Working experience in a GMP regulated production or pilot plant environment, able to support external manufacturing (tech transfer)
• Good skills for organizing, planning, and problem solving.
• Leadership skills to lead and develop a team of research chemists
• Ability to work with people of various groups and disciplines.
• Excellent communication and reporting skills.
What we offer:
An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
An attractive remuneration package with additional benefit packages (for example hospital insurance, and other health care incentives)
An expansive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
The Janssen campus in Beerse (Belgium) has an outstanding ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. The integrated environment of our campus gives our people the chance to experience many different aspects of drug development throughout their career. It has a successful track record of over sixty years of drug discovery and development and is one of the most important innovation engines of the Janssen group worldwide.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)