Australia – New South Wales, Sydney – AU
Our Ground Engineering and Asset Management team in Sydney is seeking a creative, highly collaborative Tunnelling Lead with a structural, soil and rock mechanics background to assist with upcoming design and construction projects. The successful applicant will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
In this role, you will provide technical support to a wide range of infrastructure projects in Sydney. As a result, we’re looking for people who have the passion and drive to be involved with major geotechnical projects across a range of sectors.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not limited to;
* Develop pursuit strategies, technical concepts, and proposal technical approaches.
* Develop strategic plans, build relationships with public and private clients and industry leaders.
* Help establish and maintain client relationships.
* Help grow the tunnelling, geotechnical, and underground engineering practice.
* Identify, attract, and assist in recruiting additional tunnelling and geotechnical staff.
* Establish and develop teaming relationships with other consulting firms, as necessary.
* Attend industry events, serve on panels and foster the AECOM tunnelling and underground engineering practice.
Ideally you will have the following qualities:
* Highly knowledgeable with regards various tunnelling methods and techniques, geotechnical aspects, deep cuts, and difficult ground conditions.
* Candidate needs to be a “seller-doer”, independent thinker, and self-starter.
* Strong relationships and name recognition within the industry.
* Membership with relevant professional organizations and active participation in National or international tunnelling and/or geotechnical associations.
* Strategic thinker, with demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment and gain the support of others.
* Ability to work in a matrix organization.
* Professional accreditation.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering – Geotechnical
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 238906BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.