/This position is for our Hematology/Oncology Project Delivery TA group./
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health.
PPD’s Project Management department is a global team organized by therapeutic area, partnering directly with our clients to deliver projects from study from start up through close out activities. In project management, you are the lynchpin.
The Senior / Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical trials from start up through the final deliverable. Directs the technical and operational aspects of the projects — thus securing the successful completion of clinical trials.
Works with major functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project, interpret data on complex issues, make good business decisions and ensure solutions are implemented. Works to ensure that all project deliverables meet the customer’s time/quality/cost expectations.
The PM, with support from the Project Management Directors and/or Associate Directors, working in collaboration with other functional area leads, is accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet the customer/contract expectations, providing accurate hour forecasts, reviewing pass through costs and ensuring timely invoicing.
*Education and Experience:*
* Bachelor’s degree or licensed certified health care training or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Has proven understanding and experience of working within clinical development (equivalent to four years). This could include specific experience in a particular functional area
* Can demonstrate evidence of a period of successfully managing and/or leading individuals/team
* Experience using project management software
* Solid understanding of how to craft and manage a project budget
* Must possess a valid passport, as appropriate
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management (Time, Quality, Cost)Solid financial acumen
* Applies a range of negotiation techniques to achieve desired outcomes with evidence of commercial and organizational acumen
* Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, written) and can communicate in English language (oral,written)
* Sound interpersonal skills, is flexible and adapts to changing situations
* Has the ability to persuade, convince, and influence or impress others
* Is organized, proficient at multi-tasking with good attention to detail
* Able to lead, motivate and coordinate teams. Coach/mentor team members as appropriate
* Able to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members
* Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
* Possesses cross cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately
* Has an understanding and appreciation of clinical research/development, including medical and therapeutic areas, phases and medical terminology
* Has experience with leading, liaising and coordinating cross-functional project teams
* Has knowledge/understanding of clinical development guidelines and Directives
/This position is full time permanent and can be office based in Melbourne, or home based in other Australian locations. /
**Job:** **Project Management*
**Title:** *Senior / Project Manager – Hematology / Oncology Clinical Trials Ph II, III*
**Location:** *AU-AU-Melbourne-Melbourne AU Queens Road*
**Requisition ID:** *169452*
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group