Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Public Policy Team is looking for a Safety Policy Manager to work in tandem with our policy, programs and communications teams for the APAC region in analyzing, responding to and strategically managing safety policy issues and programmatic responses in region as part of the company’s global safety efforts.Successful candidates will have the skills and experience to identify and analyze safety policy risks and issues across the areas of online child safety, women’s safety and/or mental health and wellbeing, and develop and execute effective responses. Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in online safety policy, the proven ability to evaluate the public and safety policy implications of our policies, products and features, a proficiency in presenting publicly to a variety of audiences, including policymakers, the proven ability to build needed relationships with key advocacy groups, policymakers, academics, and researchers.Candidates should be dedicated, detail oriented, creative, resourceful, analytical, and knowledgeable about technology policy issues, have excellent writing and presenting skills, and have experience in developing and personally executing high-profile technology, corporate and/or political campaign efforts, including events and strategic programs.This is a full-time position, preferably based in Singapore. However the location is potentially flexible for the right candidate.
1. Identify and analyze safety policy risks, trends, and issues in the APAC region and share learnings with all teams involved in policy mission across the company to aid in strategic planning and response to local regulatory initiatives and influence policy in coordination with local policy leads in each market
2. Provide feedback to the global team on the potential impact within the APAC region of our policies, products, and features, ensuring regionally specific safety issues are appropriately considered in their development, and assist with landing of the these products, policies and features among policymakers, thought leaders, advocates and civil society in APAC
3. Assist in the development, maintenance, and deepening of relationships with safety focused NGOs, academic experts and other stakeholders so as to cultivate expert resources and third-party advocates needed by public policy, programs, comms, and other teams throughout Facebook.
4. Work cross-functionally to drive ideation, creation, production and/or execution of safety related events, program elements, educational and marketing materials to be deployed across region to improve and elevate external influencer knowledge of our work to keep the Facebook community safe.
5. Function as an expert resource on safety topics, providing education and presentation materials for internal teams and speaking publicly at select major external safety related events and meetings with policymakers, key NGOs and experts as needed to communicate Facebook’s efforts and reputation as a leader regarding online youth and family safety.
6. Minimum bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in policy, law, marketing, business, communications or a relevant subject or discipline required, advanced degree a plus
7. 7+ years of experience in online safety policy issues, as well as an understanding of applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes needed
8. Knowledge of Facebook products, features, platform, and policies and operations for